Author Topic: Help with night sleep and early waking  (Read 1239 times)

Offline Nickie18

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Help with night sleep and early waking
« on: May 17, 2014, 17:05:39 pm »
My DD just turned 7 weeks, born 3 weeks early. She used to be a start sleeper, but now her naps are all over the place and A time varies. The last week she has had short naps and early wakings. I am hoping to tackle one thing at a time, starting with her waking.

Current EASY-
bedtime at 8pm
she wakes for feed around 2 for night feed- full 5 oz.
Sleeps and some on and off waking until 6:15am the last three nights for feed. feed her 2-3 oz
Wake up time is 7:30am- but I let her sleep until 7:45am due to recent feed, feed her again- this am around 2.5 oz.

She is then really sleepy and cannot do even 1 hour A time, when she used to be around 1.15h. Put her down at an hour A time. She usually sleeps 45 min, wakes and then settles herself for this nap.

Then the rest of the naps are all over the place.

But for now, what can I do about the 6:15am wake up? That is too early to start the day, esp with a 2 year old as well. Should I just keep feeding her when she wakes at 6:15am and put her back down? Will she eventually get it? I feel like if she could sleep until 3 or 4 then she could make it to 7:30am. She has been waking at 7:30 am since she was born... Help!

Offline Sarah - Enfys' Mum

• Showing Appreciation 76
Re: Help with night sleep and early waking
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 17:28:07 pm »
Yes, at 6:15 I'd just feed her and put her down. Two feeds at this age is great!  You're doing a fabulous job.

Offline Nickie18

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 21:46:37 pm »
When will it stretch out? Will she ever sleep until 730? Even 7 would be fine:) I know there's no way to know but are Los able to do that?

Offline Sarah - Enfys' Mum

• Showing Appreciation 76
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 10:45:44 am »
I'm still waiting for it to happen here!  I have two early birds I'm afraid, 6:30 is late for us.