Author Topic: Sleep and EASY support for twins and multiples  (Read 63216 times)

Offline Buttonbobs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 124
  • E - born 20/10/11
Sleep and EASY support for twins and multiples
« on: May 18, 2014, 22:22:11 pm »
Hi all, by popular demand, please use this thread to support one another.

Please have a read of this before continuing.

How to use this Support thread
(most of this 'entry' is borrowed from the "Birth Club Rules of the Road" and modified - Thx to the Site Admin Team for composing it)

Many of our members have found it beneficial to talk with other parents who have Multiple Babies.  The support thread is intended to be a place to discuss with, help and support fellow parents who are dealing with similar milestones, trials and tribulations.  It is wonderful to have that company and a shoulder to lean on.  In order to keep the thread open and inviting to all parents, the thread will continually be locked after 30 pages and restarted.

We do request that the topic is kept to issues surrounding raising twins or they multiple babies. Please use the appropriate birth clubs for more general chatter.

The role of the moderators is to review the support thread to ensure content is appropriate for the site, provide support to members, and help guide members to the main EASY board or other forum boards for additional help when issues arise that would benefit from their own thread & "airtime".  Examples might be sleeping or settling problems with their babies.  On the EASY main board and in other forums members often receive larger ranges of answers and support and other members benefit from hearing about others' problems and how they were solved, without having to wade through lots of pages of daily "chit-chat".

A gentle reminder may be posted by a moderator to encourage you to post on the main EASY board or another forum board if they feel your question could be better answered by the larger community.  We urge you to follow through and post elsewhere, as you will see more support and advice from more experienced members.  Please feel free to post a link in this thread so that others can chime in with support as well.  If you choose to leave your post here, it will likely be split from the thread and moved to the appropriate forum by a moderator.

We also hope that you share your experiences throughout the community.  Even if you are a new parent, you can offer support and hugs to another.  We all started out as the new parent on the boards without the experience.  We all learn from each other and your advice and support is valuable to us all.  Please do not feel like you do not know enough information to post or that your input is not valuable - we are all parents who want the best for our babies, and we all have something unique to add to the boards.

** Please note, any posts saying M@arked or "saving your spot for later" will be deleted. Please take the time to write a few sentences or make a note to come back later to post.

Happy chatting!
~ Naomi ~

Offline babybarr

• Showing Appreciation 224
Re: Sleep and EASY support for twins and multiples
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 14:48:08 pm »
Hello fellow multiple mummies!
LAURA xx

Offline Uglybethy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 12
  • First time mummy to twin girls.
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 16:19:13 pm »
Hellooooo!
Great idea as I really feel like we have a good group of multiple mummies on here now so it's good to have a central place to come and seek support! And to show off when things are going well (when does thst happen btw?? Joking!!)

Offline 4isstillnighttime

• Showing Appreciation 14
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 19:05:17 pm »
Yay!! Shall we do introductions or do we all know each other already?! And can I show off here about C managing all night without a feed?!?? For the first time EVER!!!! She woke up plenty, but that's another story   ;D

Offline babybarr

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 20:16:04 pm »
Yes intros would be good!
I'm Laura, I have a 5 (nearly 6) yr old with multiple / complex health needs and nearly 8mth old twin boys...
LAURA xx

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 21:02:01 pm »
I'm lily and I have 10 month old non-identical twin girls.

Feel like it's Alcoholics Anonymous! "Hello, I'm lily and I am a twin mum!!"

Offline Uglybethy

• BW Aficionado
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 21:46:01 pm »
Ha yes... It's definitely something anonymous!
I'm Beth and I have fraternal twin girls who just turned one!
I did BW from the start and realize now that the tweaking literally never stops! It was so so tough in the beginning... So much more than a textbook could ever account for... So it's great to have a multiples group on here now :)
Lovely to hear the show off stories... Amazing news about c's night, lily! Hoping to add a few myself too.
If you don't mind, as well as sharing the good it would be useful for me to have a rant from time to time as sometimes it's just tough.
Lovely to meet you all!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 21:48:31 pm by Uglybethy »

Offline babybarr

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 00:33:45 am »
My boys fraternal too.

Yes well done c. And of course beth rant away. I will
LAURA xx

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 03:39:10 am »
Y y lots of ranting!!! Can we rant about non-sleep related stuff? Like how mine are covered in scratches, bruises and bites.....from each other!!!!!

Offline nippo

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2014, 12:09:41 pm »
By popular demand - well Laura actually - I'm here!

;D
Mummy to two gorgeous twin girls

Offline babybarr

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2014, 12:15:03 pm »
My bugbear atm is just the tag teaming stuff ::) honestly it just doesn't end does it?  Literally the minute I stop one of them starts!!

Yours are all older than mine do they really babble to each other?  Mine will but often one talks and the other ignores!

Nippo - you haven't introduced yourself!!  Do we have to call you nippo? ;)
LAURA xx

Offline Uglybethy

• BW Aficionado
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2014, 12:55:18 pm »
Wait until they start to make each other laugh... It will be the strangest thing that one does to the other to set them off. For example my B will often reach over and touch P's arm when they are eating dinner And P absolutely cracks up at this! It's sooo cute!!
Rant of the day... Had the first bout of illness with the girls this weekend with someone waking every hour or so. I asked DH (or should I say FH!!) to just resettle until midnight so I could get three hours in a row and he came and got me up at 10.45pm saying he couldn't handle it anymore! I stabbed him a thousand times in my head :)))).

And hello nippo!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 12:57:47 pm by Uglybethy »

Offline nippo

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2014, 13:13:58 pm »
Ooops sorry - my name is Nicki and I live in London.

I don't smoke - despite the screen name, people seem to like calling me nippi or nippo.

I agree, the setting of each other will soon turn into looking for each other at bedtime and chatting to each other until they fall asleep. My two used to hate the other disturbing them but now they wait for each other and get really excited when the other is there. They don't really need me there to comfort them because they have each other. It help signals bed time and nap time because they know when they are both in there together it's bedtime!

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2014, 18:19:04 pm »
Hi everyone!! I feel I should confess that my real name is elizabeth but my grandpa always called me lily, and the girls middle names are lily and rose, hence my nickname!

I agree with UB and nippo (I like that name!!) that mine now lurve each other. Sometimes that makes them slightly dangerous - z shows how much she loves c's pretty eyes by trying to gouge them - but they def entertain each other. In the mornings when they wake up at 5 I can now leave them playing together in their cots, and if one is fractious at a mealtime they are usually jollied out of it by the other one now. If they are in a bad mood though z esp will cry if c gets anywhere near her. And I get so tired chasing around trying to keep them apart from each other, the cat, the multiple dangerous things I suddenly realise are in their path..... When I look back on it I think I found months 6-9 really tough - I was near the end of my tether when I started posting here. So I think hopefully things should start to get easier Laura, esp in the day!

Poor you UB - hope the girls are getting better. It is so horrible when they are ill at the same time. And make DH look after you!!

My 2 have been surprisingly ungrumpy today. Rotten naps though so fingers crossed. The trouble is with getting a bit of sleep that I'll be disappointed with anything less than a good night now!!

So lovely to have this group!!!

Offline nippo

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2014, 19:34:10 pm »
UB - one of mine goes into full blown hysteric when the other bangs her legs down on the mattress. Every time!

It is awful when they are ill and I worry that we will be back at square one with the comforting and picking up. But sometimes it helps them breathe and so I think it's allowed. I hope they feel better soon.

Today BT has not wanted to be touched by anyone but me so I think separation anxiety is looming... She also woke at 10pm and would go back to sleep until I settled her. My husband tried but she was having none of it!