Author Topic: Sleep and EASY support for twins and multiples  (Read 63185 times)

Offline 4isstillnighttime

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
Re: Sleep and EASY support for twins and multiples
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2014, 18:10:21 pm »
Nippo, that's hilarious!!!

Beth, how are the girls? Any improvement? Hope so.....

Special hugs for your boys Laura and for you all.

I went clothes shopping today with the girls. It was horrible. They screamed and screamed, and did unscheduled pushchair naps and car naps, and didn't eat. Feel like we are trapped in the house a bit at the moment!! And I couldn't find any nice clothes and have bought a pair of shoes I don't really like just because I wanted to go home and thought they would do. Not sure they will!

Still, the unpleasantness stopped me spending loads of money as I was too stressed to stay long!!  ;D

Offline nippo

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2014, 19:17:33 pm »
Oh dear!!! I find my body has changed so much I can't quite bring myself to buy anything new yet! And I have dangly boobage  :o

Well a bit less firm than before anyway!

Guys, my little twin keep scratching people. I clipped her nails today in an effort to curb her wanton scraping of skin but to no avail... My friend came round with her baby and my little one tried to dig her nail in her face.

She loves it when granny comes too as she pulls down her top and digs her nail into her breast. Weirdly, it is always the same finger (the index) and she looks a bit like Jim Carey doing 'the claw' in one of his films.

I keep moving her hand away and being very serious saying no. Moving her away and sitting her on the floor etc. But I think she is too little to understand that it hurts. She loves looking at her nail going in the feeling. She won't stop till her nail actually makes contact!!!
Mummy to two gorgeous twin girls

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2014, 21:06:24 pm »
No ideas to help but watchig with interest as C is a biter - I'm covered in tooth marks and now she has 4 teeth she is deadly! We do the same, move her away and say no, but she just laughs...

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2014, 21:36:21 pm »
Oh dear!!! I find my body has changed so much I can't quite bring myself to buy anything new yet! And I have dangly boobage 

Don't know how to do quotes....but yes, that did not help with the clothes shopping! I'm just a different shape and styles that used to suit me look dreadful now! Ended up buying some really mumsy dresses from John Lewis.....the glamour!!!

Offline Uglybethy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 12
  • First time mummy to twin girls.
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2014, 23:14:35 pm »
Hi all!
 The girls are doing much better now thank you and we are all more rested for it. As a result, I love my husband again. For now!
On the topic of shopping it's strange for me because before I had the girls I could always find something I wanted but I literally walk into a shop right now and walk back out again because I can't even remember if I needed anything and if I did what that was. It's especially prevalent in baby shops, which before bubbas came along I would imagine buying practically everything I saw but these days I seem to reach overwhelm really easily and I can't make any decisions as to what we need or want.
Show off of the day.... P woke up last night at around midnight and did this kindve shout out, not a cry but a shout which she repeated until I went in to see what was wrong..... I found her signing the word for drink!!!! I gave her some water and she rolled over and went back to sleep... Ladies that was almost better than the first time they both slept through the whole night :)
What went well for you all today??
Sending sleepy vibes to everyone tonight!

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2014, 05:23:45 am »
Wow UB, how clever of P!!!

Offline babybarr

• Showing Appreciation 224
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2014, 05:56:04 am »
I weighed less after having the boys than before I was pg. But now cos of my meds I've put on loads of weight and feel worse than if it were baby weight.

Great news Beth. My night just pants again.
LAURA xx

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2014, 06:40:29 am »
Oh Laura. Massive hugs. When things get better we can be virtual diet buddies and lose the chub together. And all the other twin mums can cheer us on!

But for now sugar and carbs are the only reason I can make it through the day!!!

Offline kayra

• Showing Appreciation 60
  • 2 for 1!!
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2014, 09:52:46 am »
Hi all! I probably won't be around to chat much yet but wanted to join while I have 'a' moment ;)
I'm Kayra and on saturday gave birth-via csection *ouch stitches*-to Mika and Lena, at 37 weeks. They are doing well, we're trying to figure out the whole feeding and sleeping thing. I'm trying to breastfeed and it's better than it was with my now 5.5yr old DS but it's not flowing as such so the majority of what they're getting is supplement. Everyone goes on about how small a nb's stomach is but these guys seem to eat loads! But that's a separate easy post...Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
xx

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011

Offline Uglybethy

• BW Aficionado
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2014, 10:59:49 am »
Congratulations on the birth of your gorgeous duo, karyra. Looking forward to getting to know you and supporting you through the ups and the downs. The breast feeding, pumping, supplementing and having ten minutes in which to shower, eat or sleep is vicious but it passes ok :)

Hugs for last night , Laura. I too in the first few months following the girls birth lost more weight than I had put on but since I stopped breast feeding I gained it back again. That is, like lily said, because quick release energy (aka chocolate) is my best friend, the only thing that will compensate in any way for the sleep deprivation!

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2014, 13:02:47 pm »
Hi kayra!! Congratulations!!

I BF both of mine but Z had formula in the beginning because she wouldn't feed properly and to give me a break.....she weaned herself off it and was exclusively breastfed from about 2 months old. All the midwives told me if I gave formula she would never BF, would get nipple confusion, I wouldn't have enough milk. I ignored them and none of those things happened!! So if a mix is working then that's great! I would have v happily mix fed them the whole time but they had other ideas....but it really was v inconvenient not being able to leave them!!

Good luck, and looking forward to hearing more about them!!!

Offline Uglybethy

• BW Aficionado
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2014, 15:23:48 pm »
And let the two to one transition commence! For the first time today both girls did not sleep at all during their am nap. B, in her usual chilled out manner just laid there and stared at the ceiling (something always makes me want to go and rescue her from that but I've accepted that she's fine on her own just being!) and P practiced pulling to standing and shouting to let me know she'd done it and that she needed help to lie back down again, only to repeat the process for the whole 45 mins.
So, unsure of what to do for the best, I went in at 9.00 and got them up, did snack and made them play until 10.45 when I gave them milk and put them down at 11.00. I did not give them lunch as they were cranky by this time so thought I'd do lunch at 2.00 when they wake up (notice how my positive thinking will ensure a three hour nap? haha yeah right, I'll keep you posted on that!).
I hope it was a reasonable thing to do. I was pretty sure we'd be on two naps for another few months... I wonder what the next few days/weeks will hold with this transition.

How are all you other multiple mummies doing today?

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2014, 17:51:13 pm »
Oooh beth, a transition!!! How did the nap go and what are you going to do tomorrow??

We have had a good nap day, and C slept from 7 til 5:30 last night! Z woke her up loads but she just chatted to herself and went back to sleep. So proud!

We are going to Greece tomorrow on holiday. Have to leave the house at 3:30 am for a 6am flight.....grim!! I'm guessing I just let the kids sleep how they want tomorrow?

Love to all!

Xxx

Offline Uglybethy

• BW Aficionado
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2014, 22:25:00 pm »
Oh enjoy your holiday! Yeah just adjust to local time when you land and stick to your naps, they should nap really well as they'll be tired. It will be night time that they'll struggle if anything. Well that was my experience when I travelled to the uk, but that's a bigger time difference. I wonder if when you get back they will start sleeping through... I really hope so. This is how my two suddenly slept through... As if a miracle had happened! I travelled with them and it was a nightmare but on our return it was as if they really recognised home and their own beds and literally slept 11/12 hrs a night from that night onwards (excluding very recent illness that is).

So nap today... I resettled both babies at 35 mins (overtired) then they both woke up happy and chatty at 13.30. So they had 2.5 hours. They devoured their lunch and then we had a really nice afternoon at the park. I saw no sleep cues at all from them just now but I put them both down at 18.00 and it's 18.22 now and I hear nothing so I'm assuming they've gone off.... I wonder what the night will hold.

Tomorrow, I'm going to wing it depending on how they sleep tonight. If it's not so great ill do two naps, if they sleep well I'll try one again. Supposed to be going out though so I'm not sure how car journeys will affect things but I really can't be bothered to think about that right now.

Sending sleepy baby vibes and love to all of you wonderful ladies!

Offline izabellabhz

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2014, 20:19:31 pm »
Hello,  my name is Izabella but you can call me Izzy. I'm 32 and have twins.  Girls are 3 months and they are adorable. We live in Brazil.

My biggest problem is if I'm doing it right... some people say I shouldn't wake them up to feed... that I shouldn't wrap them... my days are crazy and full of stress, I'm taking care of them alone. 

My routine is:
07:00 eat
07:45 active / sun bath
08:15 sleep
Same thing at 10:00, 13:00, 16:00. 18:00 bath and after breastfeed and bed. Around 22:00 - 24:00 the last bottle of milk.

Sometimes they woke up in the middle of night, others 05:00 or later.

Sometimes they have sleep problem,  they don't wanna sleep and wake up a lot during the naps.

Tks for support