Author Topic: Sleep and EASY support for twins and multiples  (Read 63190 times)

Offline babybarr

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 224
Re: Sleep and EASY support for twins and multiples
« Reply #165 on: October 08, 2014, 19:47:07 pm »
Hugs Kara. It does eventually get easier and I just can't believe my boys are now over a year!
LAURA xx

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #166 on: October 08, 2014, 22:35:13 pm »
I can't believe it either Laura - I am sure I just read that you found out it was twins!  Today has been a bit better, thankfully!

Offline 4isstillnighttime

• Showing Appreciation 14
« Reply #167 on: October 27, 2014, 17:05:21 pm »
Hi everyone

Haven't been around for ages, sorry. No real news - still on 2 naps (they are the oldest 2 nappers in history!) and still having awful EWs. My CM and I have chatted about it and I think as soon as they are over this latest cold/teeth/clocks changing we are going to try and stop the AM catnap.

How is everyone else??

Xxx

Offline babybarr

« Reply #168 on: October 27, 2014, 21:33:32 pm »
Well we've been on one nap now for ages and finally they generally sleep quite well at nap time. I'm in the process of dropping milk in the night in the hope they'll start sttn. They're both walking properly. It's funny how with one you help them to walk but with two they do it themselves then don't want help!

Kara how are you? Hoping things more settled.
LAURA xx

Offline nippo

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #169 on: November 03, 2014, 09:56:34 am »
How's everyone doing, sorry I haven't posted much - does everyone else feel as exhausted as I do? I wake up dreaming of going back to bed!
Mummy to two gorgeous twin girls

Offline babybarr

« Reply #170 on: November 03, 2014, 14:49:09 pm »
does everyone else feel as exhausted as I do? I wake up dreaming of going back to bed!
Yep!
Both of mine have hand foot and mouth...yuk!  Miserable as sin and nothing will calm them.  I've got the easy job today - being at work!
LAURA xx

« Reply #171 on: November 03, 2014, 15:43:26 pm »
I think about my bed all the time!!!! Laura, I hope they settle down soon. We haven't had any of those kiddie viruses yet and I just think we will get them all at once....probably at Christmas!!!!

Anyone else really struggling with them fighting?!? Pattern of my day - C pulls Z's hair, just because. Z cries, I comfort her, tell C "gently with Z, you love her" and model gentle hands. Z bites C. I comfort C, tell Z - "if you feel like biting, bite a toy" and give her one to bite. C pulls Z's hair again while I am changing a revolting nappy. I try to use my feet to keep them apart whilst holding Z down on the mat with my elbows and trying to stop poo going everywhere. Z goes mental and slashes C's face with her deadly little nails. C is bleeding. Poo is everywhere. Both girls inconsolable. Doorbell rings, I answer it with one crying toddler in my arms and the other welded to my leg. Postman gives me funny look and a parcel for next door. Wrinkles his nose at the smell wafting out! I cheerily wave to my neighbour (who has one baby, who has STTN since 3 months old and is always happy), close the door and bribe the girls with custard creams to leave each other alone while I clear up. And repeat, all day!!!

Any tips gladly welcomed!!!!

Offline babybarr

« Reply #172 on: November 03, 2014, 17:10:31 pm »
I have something similar although not quite as bad. H takes j's toys/food whatever. J cries gets a cuddle. J gets his own back when h is having his nappy changed!

They do playfight though too which is quite funny!

Atm it's just whinge moan whinge cry moan moan whinge... Sigh.
LAURA xx

« Reply #173 on: November 03, 2014, 17:14:15 pm »
This is an awful thing to say....but won't it be nice when they can properly watch TV? Then, when they are poorly, we can all get under the duvet on the sofa and watch DVDs and eat biscuits!! c is totally uninterested in TV and z stares at it like she's been hypnotised so we don't really have it on much!! And I miss it.....

Offline kayra

• Showing Appreciation 60
  • 2 for 1!!
« Reply #174 on: November 03, 2014, 19:36:01 pm »
I don't think it's awful Liz, I think it already! You're closer to that stage than I am though :P

We all have colds and I'm feeling rubbish, I just said to dh 'I don't want it to be tomorrow'. They aren't even that difficult babies but I'm just tired and feel like I've had enough for a while, like I need some kind of deadline or sthg. My sister comes next week so I'm counting down to that, after that i guess I could countdown till advent or sthg. I need sthg to look forward to I think. I'm ashamed really as like I said they're good babies and gorgeous and smiley despite all the snot. Tbh I find ds1 more tiring I think!

Our big news is that we've put them in the same room! My parents were here last week and we were talking about it, then my dad said lets do it while I can help shift furniture and suddenly it all happened! They don't seem to be bothering each other at all so far, and I've got my room back!!  Now that they're sharing I will try to sync them more but the fact that it will mean having to wake a sleeping baby gives me cold feet....

Laura hand&foot soumds awful, you poor things!

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011

Offline nippo

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #175 on: November 03, 2014, 20:29:30 pm »
Foot and mouth is actually quite common, my friends kids all had it recently - it's not the stuff that farm animals get  ;D

But it is knackering when they are ill - our big twin had a temperature the other day and I slept in the bed next to her, she was recently diagnosed with a heart condition called SVT where her heart races and her trigger was having a temperature...so we are so worried that it might happen again.

Liz - I can't wait to sit in our pj's and watch Christmas TV with a warm drink and the lights down low.  It'll be so cool but I think that won't be for another 2 years  :-\

Laura and Liz - my two constantly hit each other, particularly during nappy changes, I have to stop myself laughing because they do these baby windmills and run away, but today we had a breakthrough when we talk little twin to stroke her sisters face instead of hit it, when she thought I wasn't looking she tried to investigate her sisters eyeballs with her nails.
Mummy to two gorgeous twin girls

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #176 on: November 10, 2014, 17:23:16 pm »
Hello everyone!  Things are hit and miss here... overall, we are on the right path!  I haven't been too strict with EASY at all this time around.. the poor babies get dragged around on account of DD1s activities etc so we have just followed their lead for the most part - keeps them happy and thankfully, well rested!

This has been our day for the past 3-4 weeks now:

Wake 745am
E: 8am
S: 9/915 - 10/1015am (short, I know but we are often on the go in the morning)
E: 12noon
S: 1215/1230-3/330pm (a whopper but they need it after the shorter AM nap)
E: 4/415pm
S: 5-6pm (if I am lucky they sleep an hour but it's often 40 mins)
E: 7pm and bedtime

They sleep from 730pm until 430am, eat and go back to bed until almost 8am!

Of course, we are currently dealing with a reflux flare and I have no idea if it relates to growth, a cold, or the new bottles we are now using.  Ugh.

Offline kayra

• Showing Appreciation 60
  • 2 for 1!!
« Reply #177 on: November 10, 2014, 20:21:11 pm »
Sounds really good Kara, we'll done! :)
Nippo sorry to hear about your dds heart condition how is she doing?

We're doing pretty well, 3 naps, one generally around 2hrs and then sometimes 2 45min ones, or 1 45min 1 a bit longer. Bedtime has got a lot easier thankfully, I've been able to put hem down by myself as has dh, so that's encouraging. Ds hasn't got up for a nf for about a week now, dd didn't for a few days but got up last night just before 4, I can live with that!
Getting out by myself is still a bit of a challenge but we do do it.
A part of me is curious about how life will be when they're more mobile but a part of me is enjoying the last few weeks/months of them staying put :P we've bought these colorful plastic fence things we will be able to make play areas for them. Is that what everyone else did or did you just do major baby proofing?

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #178 on: November 10, 2014, 21:55:28 pm »
I can't wait until we are done with NFs!  Getting there ;)

I forgot to mention - Sophia is a great self-settler and always really has been.. Charlotte is a touchy wee thing so Sophia has learned fairly quickly!  And we finally had a breakthrough with Charlotte - she was beside herself for nap yesterday morning so I got her swaddled first to help her settle with the intention of giving her a bit of a gentle rocking to help her drift off (I put her down drowsy most of the time).. while I went to get Sophia swaddled, Charlotte happily closed her eyes and stayed asleep!  She has done great with a bit of shushing from then on!

Offline babybarr

« Reply #179 on: November 11, 2014, 20:31:13 pm »
Why won't mine sttn... :(
LAURA xx