Author Topic: Sleep and EASY support for twins and multiples  (Read 63209 times)

Offline brittanyalice

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Re: Sleep and EASY support for twins and multiples
« Reply #210 on: December 30, 2014, 02:43:49 am »
Quick question: Did you find that your twins were on an adjusted easy depending on their due date. B/G twins both born 5.6lbs but came early which is the norm. So my quesion would be if they are 3mth Jan 7th would I follow a 3mo Easy or a 2mo easy?
Past Pre School teacher, nanny & baby whisperer to 11 beautiful babies: Kiki, Robert,Benny,Hailey,Cooper,Colton,Blake, Alexandra, twins! (Skylar and Gavin), and newest addition little Sammie.

Offline babybarr

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 224
« Reply #211 on: December 30, 2014, 06:55:05 am »
That's a good size! How early were they? Sorry I couldn't quite work that out from the post.

Mine were born at 38wks but cos they were tiny we followed approx 2.5hr routine to begin with. But we couldn't get them on a propersroutine till about 6mths!
LAURA xx

Offline kayra

• Showing Appreciation 60
  • 2 for 1!!
« Reply #212 on: December 30, 2014, 18:28:27 pm »
Mine were 3 weeks early, I kind of do both really, I have rough idea of what they could/should do at the age they are but also check out what it would be for the adjusted age, try to follow their cues, take an average :P haven't got it figured out in any way though!

How is everyone? I'm feeling a bit low after having family here for 2 weeks for Xmas :( doesn't help that the babies are being a bit grumpy, getting up at night again and hard to figure out a time/nap-wise.... ::)

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011

Offline brittanyalice

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #213 on: December 30, 2014, 18:32:46 pm »
They were 36wk 3days, they are Eating every 3.5 hours but sleeping every 1.15-1.30hr for 2hrs, and then sometimes it's hard to wake baby boy for his E time. I Don't want it to impact their night sleep which seems to be coming along their last E time is 10:30 and then sleeping till 6, which 7.5hr night.
Past Pre School teacher, nanny & baby whisperer to 11 beautiful babies: Kiki, Robert,Benny,Hailey,Cooper,Colton,Blake, Alexandra, twins! (Skylar and Gavin), and newest addition little Sammie.

Offline brittanyalice

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #214 on: December 30, 2014, 18:35:27 pm »
Kayra- Sorry to hear your feeling down:( having family for long periods is tough!!!

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #215 on: December 30, 2014, 18:38:57 pm »
I'm down because they've gone ;) thanks though :)

I think their routine sounds good, I wouldn't wake him at 10:30pm to feed him (if that's what you meant), you could df or just wait till he wakes.

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #216 on: December 31, 2014, 04:56:13 am »
Mine were born at 35+2 and in the NICU for 10 days (Special care over in the UK i think!).. they were on a 4 hr routine when they came home at 36+4 ;)

I have always just followed their lead though with a mind to keeping them on a 4 hr routine.  We aren't EASY right now though and haven't been for a while.. they have settled into a nice routine for about 6 weeks now (so I expect all to go upside down soon!) 

This is us now at 5 months (4m adjusted)

nightfeed 430am (ranges 330-5am but 430 is the most common)
A: wake 730am
E: 830am
A:
S: 930-1015am (ah yes, the 45 min naps have hit but they work for us right now!)
E:12pm (they have recently started demanding to eat a touch earlier than their typical 4 hrs
S: 1230-3pm (I suspect this monster nap is to compensate for the AM short nap)
A:
E: 330pm
A:
S: 430-515pm
A:
E: 7pm  and bedtime by 715/730pm (depends a bit on big sister and if I am alone or if DH is here to help). They sleep through until their nightfeed typically.

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #217 on: December 31, 2014, 09:52:25 am »
What a gorgeous routine Kara, I'm jealous!!! Do you wake to sync them during the day ?
We're quite lost these days ::)

Angel, April 2011

Offline babybarr

« Reply #218 on: December 31, 2014, 12:30:37 pm »
Kara yours are identical aren't they? I've heard its much easier to get them doing the same thing.

Kayra what does your day look like?
LAURA xx

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #219 on: December 31, 2014, 22:29:16 pm »
Good question Laura, but it's so messy I don't know how to answer it :P
These last 2 days they've been waking an hour apart from eachother (in the morning) I should probably wake the sleepig one but just don't have the heart!! So I want gem to be on 2 naps but can't really figure out the a times, but overall it's sthg like
Wu 7, bottle unless they had a nf around 5/6
8:30 breakfast
9:30 nap (dd will often do 1.5 hr but then sometimes 45min, ds often 45 min sometimes 1.5hr ::) )
Bottle at wake up
12 lunch
This nap is hard to say, depends on their first one so could be 1, 1:30, 2...
If they wake before 3 I try for a 3rd nap soon after
Bottle at wake up
5dinner
6:30 bottle, in bed by 7 generally

Angel, April 2011

Offline babybarr

« Reply #220 on: January 01, 2015, 09:41:43 am »
We always woke the sleeping one in the morning within 20mins else it'd stress me out too much and I couldn't rely on them being the same amount of tired to nap the same iyswim?

You might find you have more success with naps if you do that. Also can u apop the one which wakes back to sleep ? We still do thisnnow during nap time.

Eta they sleep well at night though unlike mine...sigh
LAURA xx

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #221 on: January 01, 2015, 09:57:33 am »
It's rare that I can settle them if they've woken from a nap, I mostly don't bother trying anymore unless it looks really hopeful. Yes especially in the morning I think I will start waking the sleeping one,my it's one thing for naps but it's a pain to start the day like that.
Today they were so grumpy in the morning they barely made it past 2 hours!! Ds had a decent nap dd a short one...
They're nights are good overall, we picked up a nf last month but that seems to be sorting itself out in the last couple of nights.
Hugs for the bad nights Laura, if one is bothering the other any chance you could separate their rooms for a while to see if you can sort th other out?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 10:00:38 am by kayra »

Angel, April 2011

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #222 on: January 01, 2015, 18:29:38 pm »
Mine are identical yes!  I don't wake sleeping babies except for night feed ;)  I credit their routine to the NICU nurses - they had them on a 4 hr routine in 4 days time!  I have just followed their lead with naps and timing though... I am much more go with the flow than I was with DD1!  I don't worry about them much at all if they short nap etc.  Just last night, they refused to take a CN so I just kept them up and put them to bed early.  Meh - the world won't end ;)  As it was, they were out cold by 630pm, woke to eat at 330am and then slept until 730/745am.    I don't clock watch at all.. I follow their signs with a mind to average nap times.  I don't use A time at all.

That said, if one shows tired signs, they both go to bed!

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #223 on: January 01, 2015, 18:43:03 pm »
Interesting Kara, so how on earth do you manage to keep them on the same routine if you're not waking them? They automatically sleep and wake at the same time?!
I'm definitely more laid back this time, but it's hard when there's a lot of 1 up 1 down or both can't stay awake for equal amounts etc.

Angel, April 2011

Offline babybarr

« Reply #224 on: January 01, 2015, 22:22:31 pm »
Kayra apparently yes identicals do pretty much stay on the same routine!
1 up 1 down is such a pain. At the age your two are now I would do fixed naps and if they short nap stick with a fixed time for second nap. They'll adjust and body clock will get used to sleeping at a set time. Sometimes you just have to do these things yk?
LAURA xx