Author Topic: Sleep and EASY support for twins and multiples  (Read 63186 times)

Offline kayra

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 60
  • 2 for 1!!
Re: Sleep and EASY support for twins and multiples
« Reply #330 on: November 21, 2015, 17:26:43 pm »
Haha that's so sweet Laura :)

What makes you think they're identical, or how come you were told they were fraternal..?

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011

Offline babybarr

• Showing Appreciation 224
« Reply #331 on: November 23, 2015, 17:30:50 pm »
Kayra 'they' say if they have separate sacs and placentas that means they're non id. However I've since read 30% of non id twins are wrongly classified. No one hardly can tell mine apart. Vicki on here with twin girls had two sacs and placentas and hers are identical.
LAURA xx

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #332 on: November 23, 2015, 18:48:23 pm »
Yes I'd heard that those were never clear indications and that the only way of knowing for sure was a blood test- If one can be bothered of course :P

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #333 on: April 08, 2016, 06:02:38 am »
Very quiet here!! How is everyone doing?
I have a couple of questions if there's anyone around,
One is about speech, did you find that your twins were more delayed in speech? Ds1 was an early talker-and basically never stopped :P but by this age (nearly 2)'he was speaking in  sentences and had a lot of words. Whereas these guys chatter a bunch of gobbledygook and do have some words but a lot less, nowhere near to sentences and and just more behind than I'd expected. I was wondering  if it was maybe the twin factor of having 2 speaking gobbledygook....? And just more chattering with eachother...?

Another thing is that dd will not say ds's name, she does this clicking sound with her tongue instead and we just can't get her to say his name. And he calls himself by hr name, so when asked he gives the same answer for her name and his. But when you speak to him and say his name he responds, he doesn't respond to her name. Not worried as such but I can't say I like it either, do we just wait for them to grow out of it? We of course constantly reinforce the correct names etc without dwelling on it too much.

Another question is about potty training, I haven't read up much on the twin side of things but is he general advice to do them together or to do them seperately? (Assuming they're pretty much at the same level of readiness)

Any thoughts would be appreciated :)

Other than that they're extremely active, the general motto is Try to reach the unreachable, esp if it's electronic! ;) it's fun to see them interact more and more with eachother and with ds1.
Hope everyone else is doing well!
Xxxx

Angel, April 2011

Offline nippo

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #334 on: April 08, 2016, 06:53:49 am »
Hi Kayra! I haven't been on here in ages! How is everyone?

2 years is very early to speak in full sentence so your son was very advanced. Big twin was also speaking in sentences at around 2 but little twin is speaking in broken sentences now, at closer to three. Development is so different for each child that you can't really compare one child with another. With little twin, her language skills improved almost overnight! One day she couldn't speak properly and the next morning she was asking me a question. Babies are weird! But please don't worry, it sounds really normal in my opinion.

What I will also say is that little twin is super confident with her physical abilities - climbing, running, general mayhem. So her development is pretty advanced.

Give them time and you won't be able to shut them up!
Mummy to two gorgeous twin girls

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #335 on: April 09, 2016, 13:52:26 pm »
Thanks nippo :) yeah I'm hoping that eventually the 3 of them will talk eachother to tears rather than us :P it's just funny when they bother just go on in absolute gibberish and look at us as if we should be understanding them ;)
Are the girls playing more and more together?

Angel, April 2011

Offline nippo

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #336 on: April 09, 2016, 23:25:53 pm »
Hi Laura, yes they are, but also fighting more and especially over who gets mummy which is hard. It is constant and I'm trying to stop them competing with each other. Not really sure how to do that. Just want to love themselves and each other without envy or comparison. I think that's truly hard for same sex twins - particularly girls.  But yes they play, and have conversations which are very cute

Offline babybarr

« Reply #337 on: May 29, 2016, 07:52:02 am »
I literally haven't been on here in an age! Kayra I was told that twins are usually later to talk due to talking to each other and Oliver was really advanced like your big boy so its strange. My boys had their own names for each other for ages but they now use their proper names so just keep doing what you're doing!!
Potty training... I'm going to do mine together but then I have two boys. I guess perhaps try together and see what happens??
I'm so so tired! Still have big twin waking and both like to be awake at the crack of dawn...
LAURA xx

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #338 on: May 31, 2016, 18:47:42 pm »
Oh bless you must be exhausted! Do they entertain themselves a bit when they wake in the morning at least? O is an early waked too isn't he? Can they just 'quietly' play together or sthg?
The twins have started to call ds2 by his second name Kaya-they say it more like kaga- but at least it's better than the tongue clicking and hopefully eventually they'll get to Mika too :P
I'm attempting pt'ing here and there, dd is aware after she's been so that's sthg, ds2 is motivated by getting a sticker so will do sthg when sat but isn't really aware when he has an accident...we'll get there eventually :P
Your 2 must be talking a fair bit now? :) interestingly ds2 is ahead of dd speech-wise tho she is constantly communicating in her own way. Very busy and very cute :)

Angel, April 2011

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #339 on: February 22, 2017, 05:51:04 am »
Hello???

I have been MIA for far too long!

The girls are 2.5 now and going through that incredible language explosion!  New words every day :)

I have identical girls that were thought to be di-di (DCDA) from my first scan at 7w3d... we found out that wasn't the case when i delivered a single giant placenta!  My OB sent the placenta to pathology to confirm... one placenta, not two that had fused so we know for sure that they are identical.    I did a fair bit of research on fraternal/identical and the only way to know for sure that twins are identical is shared placenta (or placenta and sac) or a blood test if they have separate sac/placentas.  as mentioned, about 30% of identicals share nothing in utero.  all depends on when the egg splits with identicals as to what, if anything, they will share. 

How is everyone?

Offline babybarr

« Reply #340 on: April 22, 2017, 09:11:59 am »
Hi Kara, me too Mia.

My boys are a little over 3.5 and full of life. They NEVER stop. It's draining some days.

Kayra how are you? Xxx
LAURA xx

Offline Sammotheroftwinboys

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #341 on: July 09, 2017, 06:37:18 am »
Hi twin mummies!

Just want to say hello and hopefully the thread will pick up again as would love some online BW twin support!

I am Samantha, live in UK, have 11 week old non identical boys.
(First babies)

Am also a midwife although a fat lot of good that did me when it became my turn!

Loving being a twin mummy although finding the effect its having on my marriage the hardest (babies arrived before 1st anniversary!) Just feel so frustrated at my husbands inability to help! I could go on......

Would love to hear from you twin parents

Xxx

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #342 on: July 10, 2017, 14:02:05 pm »
Hi and welcome Sam, not a twin mummy myself but hopefully this will bump the post up enough to catch someone's eye :D

Offline nippo

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #343 on: August 08, 2017, 06:56:23 am »
Hi jessmum! Sorry we missed this post. There aren't loads of twin mummies on this forum and a lot of us have got past the no sleep stage after a very long endurance test, lasting 4 years!!

Having twins is really hard on your marriage, probably even harder if you haven't been married that long. You do end up having to work as a team. We went on a great course run by TAMBA which offered advice to Dad's. A twin daddy came in and spoke about his experience and somehow it got through and stayed with my husband. He used to do the bedtime routine every night to give me a break as by bedtime I was so tired I couldn't think straight. Might be worth finding a Dad mentor for your husband to find his own support...