Author Topic: 7 month old awake times after iron defiency  (Read 3929 times)

Offline Emily13th

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 7 month old awake times after iron defiency
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2014, 00:13:05 am »
So I'm back on struggle street!
He's now 9 months (8 months corrected) and it has all gone to pot!!  He started a wonder week 5 days ago, he's very sensitive to them and they are always accurate.  Then got a cold, and also had another routine blood test and his iron levels have dropped again, making me think his awake times should be adjusted.

He has stopped self settling, wants to be held to sleep, and is waking every 1/2 hour to 3 hours at night and is really hard to settle and seems wide awake but upset.  He isn't just grizzling either, it's full on tears and throwing himself about.  Day sleeps are very poor too, only getting 30 mins after 2.5 hours awake time so have been naughty and holding him for his naps just to try and get him some sleep to try and avoid OT.  Plus the fact he had a cold warranted some extra cuddles.  It's like his little brain can't switch off even when I do a longer wind down and very low key play during the day.

But then he teases me the other night and goes back to his normal wake once, have a feed and self settle back to sleep!

I'm trying to keep to our routine but should I be giving him less awake time due to the long NW?  I've been giving him panadol, and using white noise to no effect.

I have also tried pu/pd but this has never worked for him, it seems to annoy him even more so I can't even calm him down by pu as he throws his head back and arches his back like a tantrum so I can't even cuddle him.

Ugh, sorry this is so long, I think I just needed to vent a bit as it's driving me nuts, he changed literally overnight.  Should I be just APOP to get him through this cold and wonder week?  And trust in the fact that he does know how to self settle so he will eventually go back to it?  I do give him the chance at every sleep to do so but he is just not having it.

Also flying to London from Sydney for 3 weeks in 3 days, not looking forward to the flight, but at least my mum will be waiting for me to give us a hand!!