Author Topic: So lost  (Read 906 times)

Offline ezmom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 22, 2014, 03:54:55 am »
I did the easy schedule with dd1 no problem and now with dd2 I feel so lost!

Can someone help me figure this out:

Dd is 8 weeks, almost 9 weeks.

This was the schedule for today:

6 am wake and feed
6-7 activity
7-10:30 sleep
10:30 wake and feed
10:30-11:30 activity
11:30 sleep
1 pm wake and feed
1-2 activity

It gets all messed up as the day progresses. She doesn't want to stay awake too long and wants to nap all the time. Like her morning 3 hour nap, I feel like that is part of her night sleep.

I wish she would just stay asleep past that 6 am or sleep earlier at night.

I just don't know where to start in regards to getting her on track. Also why does she want to sleep right away and not stay awake for activity time?

Any tips and suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am losing my mind trying to figure it out. Thank you!

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: So lost
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 03:07:19 am »
Hi there! Have a look here for starters. It is totally normal to have a LO be so very sleepy at this age. I wouldn't let naps go past 2.5 hours at the most in the interest of robbing night sleep.

Getting started - how I survived the first 3 months

Maryn

[/url]

Offline ezmom

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 20:26:52 pm »
Maryn, thank you so much!

Offline ezmom

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 21:33:45 pm »
The reason it is so confusing is that there are many people, and even the book, states that you can start EASy with the baby as soon as day 1!

Offline lauradj

• Showing Appreciation 61
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 22:24:11 pm »
Ah yes, starting immediately.  I am not going to lie, I tried to do that and it blew up in my face.  Thankfully, a bunch of moms on this forum told me to relax, take a step back and try again when my DS was 3months old.  That advice was a life saver!  I still stuck with the order of EASY but I  tried not to get hung up on the specific times for napping.  I would agree with PP, try not to let your LO sleep for longer than 2hrs.  Mine used to sleep for 2 hr stretches because he has high sleep needs but I wouldn't go longer than that.

Offline nevinsmama

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 12:18:10 pm »
Ah yes, starting immediately.  I am not going to lie, I tried to do that and it blew up in my face.  Thankfully, a bunch of moms on this forum told me to relax, take a step back and try again when my DS was 3months old.  That advice was a life saver!  I still stuck with the order of EASY but I  tried not to get hung up on the specific times for napping.  I would agree with PP, try not to let your LO sleep for longer than 2hrs.  Mine used to sleep for 2 hr stretches because he has high sleep needs but I wouldn't go longer than that.
YES!

Thank you lauradj! LO won't be tiny very long and there is nothing you can do now that can't be undone later. Sometimes you just have to AP for survival! :)

Maryn

[/url]