Author Topic: EASY for 9 month old  (Read 983 times)

Offline ewabear

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: May 22, 2014, 05:42:32 am »
My daughter will be 9 months in 2 weeks. Can anyone advise to implement EASY for someone her age.

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Re: EASY for 9 month old
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 17:50:46 pm »
My DS is 9 months old as well and this is his routine. 

WU: 6-6:30am (8oz bottle as soon as he's in a clean diaper)
E: 6:45
A:
S: 10am
WU: 11:30am
E: 12:00 (solids)
A: with an 8oz bottle around 2/2:30
S: 3pm
WU: 4:30pm
E: 5pm (solids)
A:
Bedtime routine starts at 6:15, this includes an 8oz bottle
S: 6:45

As of today I'm going to extend his afternoon A time to 4 hours because we've been getting some early wakings, so he's finally ready.  This will push bedtime to 7pm but that's fine.  Hope that helps a bit!

Offline nevinsmama

• Showing Appreciation 59

Maryn

[/url]

Offline ewabear

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 08:24:10 am »
she is on very short 2h A for her age (she will nap for 1h 20 min) but when I tried to extend she napped for only 1h. how do I move on. she is waking far too early because of this but is not giving me chance to extend A. End up having 3 very inconsistent naps 1 20 in the morning and then 2 x45 min. As soon as i try to extend A in the morning she starts shortening her naps.

Offline nevinsmama

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 21:40:13 pm »
How long did you give for new A to settle in? I would give it a week. Just try 15 minute increase at a time and that might help.

Maryn

[/url]

Offline lauradj

• Showing Appreciation 61
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 22:18:38 pm »
Definitely give it a few days to settle.  My DS had really high sleep needs, and still sort of does.  It used to take me a solid week or two just to extend his A time by 15 mins!  Now it's much easier to push him through but if he's had a really busy day, he'll crash a little early.
I find taking my LO out for a walk is really helpful to extend A time without getting him all wired up.  Also, sometimes he only naps for an hour, sometimes he crashes out for the full 1.5.  It really depends on the day.
I would work on gently extending her A times, have a solid settling routine and see how it progresses from there.  I have set nap times, which you might like or you might not.  10am and 3pm is nap time in our house and I found it way easier to plan my day from there.  I hope this helps a bit.