Author Topic: LSN and 2-1 @ 9 months  (Read 877 times)

Offline BusterB

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
LSN and 2-1 @ 9 months
« on: May 23, 2014, 09:50:13 am »
Hi Ladies,

My lsn little boy turned 9mo this week and was finally doing 10.5hr sleep a night - until a couple of weeks ago when he started doing 11 hours (this may have just been caused by him having a cold though  ::) ) which was amazing, but then he suddenly regressed to 9 hours so I have upped his A time to an average of 3.75/4 hours and capped naps.

I just wondered if there was anything i'm missing to try and extend nights a bit as our days are getting longer and longer? This was our day yesterday and he slept 10hrs last night....

w/u @ 6:20am

A - 3hr45 (this was a struggle as he'd only had 9 hours sleep)
Nap 1 - 1hr20

A - 4hr
Nap 2 - 30mins

A - 3hr45
BT  @ 7:45pm

w/u 5:45am

With great difficulty we have done a 4hr A this morning and I will follow the same as yesterday now if I can - but this means a 14 hour day with a tried and grumpy little man.

I realise we are obviously headed for the 2-1, but is there anything else I can do to try and limit the 10:14 hours ratio or do we have to live with it until he can drop nap 2 (we are definitely not there yet)?

Is it just a case of capping naps even more? He really seems to need that long one in the morning, but advice appreciated.

TIA
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 10:01:03 am by BusterB »

Offline babybarr

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 224
Re: LSN and 2-1 @ 9 months
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 10:13:43 am »
Would he go down any earlier after the 30mins catnap?
LAURA xx

Offline BusterB

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 10:16:25 am »
Not at the moment I don't think... we have been really struggling with UT at bedtime in the last couple of weeks.

I did it as early as I felt I could last night and he was very wide awake during the first half of our bedtime feed, only calming as we came to the end. Once upon a time that whole last feed was fairly low key and drowsy.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 10:23:22 am by BusterB »

Offline babybarr

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 10:22:08 am »
You could cut the second nap to 20mins (it really sucks doesn't it?)

Or extand morning A (if you get a good night) and do early bedtime - say asleep for 6pm
LAURA xx

Offline BusterB

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 10:25:30 am »
I dread early bedtimes as whenever I try it I end up with a wide awake baby far earlier than I can cope with  ::) we did a 6:30 BT at the weekend as naps were disrupted and he was WIDE awake at 4:30am, this then knocked on to a run of very early wake ups, so I'm keen to keep our BT as late as possible.

Yes I could try cutting the pm nap to 20 mins - might try that actually, as I can cope with a 7:30ish BT as that is hopefully a 5:30am wake up (just about tolerable  :-\ )

Offline Gosia M.

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Marcin, my DS born 19/12/2013
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 13:36:08 pm »
Hi! just a question about LSN baby :)

Do you remember EASY or sleep amount @ 5months? :)

G.

Offline babybarr

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 19:22:50 pm »
We definitely didn't have a catnap, maybe two naps one maybe 1.5hrs and the other similar or a bit more.
LAURA xx

Offline LovelyLilyandJack

• Showing Appreciation 44
  • Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 19:51:16 pm »
Hi again! I'd give a 20 minute cn a go too. Or jack was having the odd one nap day from 8 months which tired him out for 2 nap days. Like babybarr says, you could try extending that morning A to 4.5hrs if you think he can handle it,  AP a 20 minute catnap 3.5hrs later and then bed after 3.5hrs or something? If he won't take a cn then do a slightly early bedtime.  I hear you on the EBT and short nights - we have the same. I do a max of 30 minutes earlier than usual if naps are bad or J has a long A to bed. One advantage I've found of having a lsn little one is that they're fairly resistant to OT, and it's pretty easy to spot and recover from for jack.

I think that would give you more like a 13.5hr day?  Though we were stuck with 14hr days on 2 nap days from F's age til we finally made it to 1 nap so that might just be the way it is for a while.... :-\