Author Topic: refuses to eat in her highchair  (Read 1430 times)

Offline lyssie28

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
refuses to eat in her highchair
« on: May 23, 2014, 14:44:44 pm »
Hi again.  My dd has never been great in highchairs so while in the house i always fed her sitting on the floor or on the sofa.  Recently though we have moved to a bigger place and now can have proper meals at the dinner table.  My dd will not eat her food if in her highchair.  She will eat a yogurt or toast but thats it.  Any tips? Should i just keep putting her in her highchair so she will get used to it? She eats fine in a highchair when we go out most of the time.

Offline cath~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 152
Re: refuses to eat in her highchair
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 15:32:09 pm »
How old is she?  Would she manage in a booster seat? Maybe she'd prefer that?

Does your high chair have a tray?  If so, would she prefer one without a tray that pulls up to the table?

Eta just saw on your other thread that she's 14 months.  So prob not ready for a booster seat yet. 

Does she let you put her in the high chair but not eat, or does she refuse/protest when you try to put her in?

Iiwm I'd just keep persisting with the high chair and she'll soon catch on that meals are at the table now.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 15:35:22 pm by cathn »
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 16:21:24 pm »
I'd agree with Catherine - if you want her to eat at the table, then only offer food there.  She will soon catch on and even if she skips a meal or two, she'll more than likely make up for it as soon as she realises the new rules :)

Offline lyssie28

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 12:23:47 pm »
Hi, yes she's just coming up to 14 months.  She cries as soon as i put her in it.  I did try without the tray yesterday which seemed to work a bit :-) she was happy being able to reach the table and play with some of her veggies while i fed her so maybe its the tray she doesnt like so much :-) I'll try not giving her food anywhere else too so she knows food only at the table.

Offline cath~

• Showing Appreciation 152
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 12:53:58 pm »
Sounds like the way to go :). Sure she'll catch on soon
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 12:55:21 pm »
DD was always happier up to the table rather than a tray, sounds like you've got a good plan sorted :)