Author Topic: breastfeeding twins  (Read 10079 times)

Offline kayra

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 60
  • 2 for 1!!
Re: breastfeeding twins
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2014, 17:11:02 pm »
thanks SO much Lily  :-*
You've done an amazing job and I can only hope to live to tell the tale like you ;)

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2014, 18:42:41 pm »
Great post lily rose. Lovely to see such support :)

The WHO actually released growth charts in 2006 which are now based on EBF babies so those are the ones your health professional should be using Growth Charts for EBF babies announced by the WHO
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2014, 20:11:24 pm »
Great post lily rose. Lovely to see such support :)
Ditto! :)

While BF may be the ideal, honey, what's ideal for your family is definitely your sanity and joy.  You have done wonderful so far and will continue to do so, I'm sure of it.  Keep up the good work! :-*

Offline weaver

• Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2014, 20:15:22 pm »
Amazing post, Lilyrose!

Hugs Kayra. I'm sure TAMBA would also offer you BFing advice by email if you wanted or needed it.  But you're getting great support here, and as all pps have said, you've *already* done an amazing job for your two.  Do what you need to. (())
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

Offline 4isstillnighttime

• Showing Appreciation 14
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2014, 20:51:18 pm »
I'm blushing!!   ;D

The other thing I forgot to say is that I used to worry because z would always take a few oz of formula even after what I thought was a full BF. But then one time I BF her after a full bottle and she took a reasonable BF! She was just a v sucky baby, now she has found her thumb it is never out of her mouth (grrr!) so I don't think it was hunger really at all! Also, kellymom (my guru!!!) said that because bottle feeding is so easy for the baby they will take the milk kind of just because it's there (hope I understood that right!!) so it doesn't necessarily mean they were hungry for it, just opportunistic if that makes sense!!

Hope it's going well!

Offline *Ali*

• Caught in the act!
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2014, 20:56:27 pm »
I think you understood perfectly LilyRose. We say that all the time about babies taking a bottle after a bf because it is so easy.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 18:22:15 pm by *Ali* »

Offline Proud Mammy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2014, 22:13:24 pm »
I've been following along on this thread and just HAVE to say that I take my hat off to you ladies - lilyrose & kayra 👒
You ladies are AMAZING!!!
Kayra, I've no idea how difficult and busy a time this must be for you but agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments. Keep your chin up and trust your mammy instincts - they're generally not too far off the mark!! You know yourself and your family best. Xx. 
Lilyrose, I love and believe in BF for all the reasons you've outlined but would have a mentality similar to you from the point of view that "if it's working for your family, then its right for your family. If not - then there are options ...combination feeding/ formula feeding". I also think your point about PND being more of a danger is very true.

Well done ladies - you should be so proud of all you are doing. 👏👏👏

« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2014, 20:51:38 pm »
Yay thank you!! Everyone here is so nice!! I did honestly have so much help though, don't think I should get quite so much credit!!!

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2014, 06:44:50 am »
Yeah i dont know how anyone can do it without support..its challenging enough with!
Rough night last night, i think we let dd stretch her day feeds too much yesterday.. :(
Oh well as anne of green gabels would say, tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet :p

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2014, 07:13:28 am »
Reading but have no valueable advice for you. Just wanted to say wooow:), you are doing amazing job and it is encouraging to see how you manage.

I read one of your post couple pages ago about being & feeling WELL even with this very difficult and tiring situation. Really admire you for that and wish all of us with newborns would be so calm and feeling well (not anxious or only tired). I am just learning...:).

Thank you Kayra for sharing your thoughts with us!
~Marta

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2014, 17:50:53 pm »
Marti, if it's any consolation I wasn't calm with my first, i had baby-blues, felt overwhelmed, stressed about feeds-naps.. This time I have the benefit of hindsight and also these are long awaited babies, so I think that makes a difference ;) I'm sure you're doing fine, it IS hard xxx

Angel, April 2011

« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2014, 19:54:22 pm »
I was really, really anxious Marti - just try and take one day at a time. And ask for help if you need it. I was v v bad at that!  I am new to this forum but it would have been an excellent resource in those tough early days.

Big hugs to you and your cute baby!

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2014, 20:17:34 pm »
Thank you Ladies...:). I am dealing with the situation, it's much better than it was in early days when I was just terrified by any non-planned behavior or action, LOL. I read BW book and it seemed so EASY:)!

But dealing with what you have is not having much joy of it, iykwim? And that's the thing I am looking for, and I see it when you speak about your babies:). That it is tiring but it's worth. But it will come, I am sure so now just surviving day by day...:).

But do not what to hijack your thread! How are things going??
~Marta

« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2014, 21:22:48 pm »
Oh Marti. Wish I could give you a hug for real. I think this is where things were maybe easier for me because I hadn't read the books and so I didn't have expectations really. But I have found it gets more and more fun as they get older. The newborn days were special of course, but I think the babies just get better and better! Remember that this year is short compared to the rest of their childhood. And if you are feeling down there are things that can be done.

If you are struggling a bit why not start a thread? I've got one and it's been amazing. I'm not sure which area would be best for you but the moderators will help or move it if it's the wrong place. Or there are threads for each age group somewhere (not sure where!) that might be helpful for you.

Hugs for kayra and the beautiful twins of course! And good luck for tonight! It sounds like a good idea to me to have a break and try and get some sleep. Also (and this is pure speculation!) I think with twins you BF such a lot that your supply is a bit more robust than if it was a singleton and so missing the odd feed doesn't have such an impact. Happy to be corrected if I am wrong there! And also, if your supply doesn't keep up with them you have the option of safe, nutritious formula as a back up, rather than sea water or vodka!!  ;D

Offline *Ali*

• Caught in the act!
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2014, 21:28:52 pm »
I believe you mean the birth clubs Lilyrose. They are on the EASY board.  Here is the first one Newborn - 3 Months: Part 50