Author Topic: EASY is the wrong way around  (Read 778 times)

Offline Mrs Deegan

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 24, 2014, 12:40:39 pm »
Hi,

I'm in the middle of reading the book and am really looking forward to getting my baby on the easy routine, but unfortunately is sleeps are the wrong way around he eats then sleeps instead of activity is it OK to keep him like this or try switching it around if so that means he'll be over tired going down as it is its already hard yo keep him downd syn longer then 20or 30Min's??

Also my baby is nearly 11 weeks old but weighs 14lb (breastfed) and can go 3.5 or 4 hours between deeds should I put him on the 4 hour plan Ir just try sticking with the 3 hour plan...

Sorry for all the questions but I really want to get this right,  I wish I had heard about the book before he arrived! !

Offline Buttonbobs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 124
  • E - born 20/10/11
Re: EASY is the wrong way around
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 18:16:43 pm »
Hi and welcome :)

Lots of babies start with an ESA pattern because  BFing does have a sedative effect and tiny LOs can't help but fall asleep after a good feed. Don't worry many of us here have started our EASY with our LOs later than newborn.

Have you read this link?
Starting E.A.S.Y. at Four Months or Older

It's not quite right for you as your LO is a little younger than 3 months but you say he can manage longer. What about starting out by trying to separate the E from the A, perhaps by doing a nap change straight after the feed? You can then move the sleeps later as he can be awake longer and lengthen the gap.

Or, you could just wake him one morning and offer the first feed and then do a full A time and just not feed before the next nap and use shh/pat instead if he needs a bit of help to get to sleep.

What do you think? You can always post your day here in EAS format like the sample routines here:
chronological EASY samples, 0-3 months
We can then see if any tweaking might help too.

Xxx
~ Naomi ~