Author Topic: I.AM.VERY.TIRED. Waking every 1-2 hours for the last month.  (Read 3271 times)

Offline kjr928

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: I.AM.VERY.TIRED. Waking every 1-2 hours for the last month.
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2014, 15:32:32 pm »
So last night....

He went to bed around 8pm with no problem, and slept until around 12:30am (this is already an improvement). I fed him, and after that I think he woke up at least 2 or 3 more times (I'm so out of it in the middle of the night, I'm never really quite sure).

So, he didn't sleep well, BUT.....
He had a pretty significant fever - I think probably from the 2 shots he got earlier that day. He felt like a little oven. So I don't even know if I can "count" last night with the fever.

His fever is gone now, but I noticed that today his appetite is less than what it would normally be. I gave him some wheat cereal with some prunes and peaches, but he might have only eaten a couple of teaspoons. He's napping right now (was very tired). We'll see how the rest of the day goes...

Offline kjr928

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2014, 15:36:12 pm »
Do you remember if all these night wakings began when you introduced solids?

All these problems did seem to appear when he started on solids. He also started teething around the same time. In regards to prunes - I won't overload him on them, but I think I will give him a little bit every day to keep things running smoothly. And from now on - bananas in small doses - WITH prunes! Ha ha!

Please let me know what you think about my previous comment ^^^
Thank you!

Offline kjr928

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2014, 02:53:09 am »
Today:

8 wake & bf
11:15 -12:30 nap
1 bf
2:30 nap
3:30 bf
6:30 bf
7 bed

So he's woken every hour since I put him down. His fever is gone but he's got this terrible honking cough. I think this is from the Prevnar shot he got yesterday. When he got the first Prevnar a month ago he also had a fever and coughing and at the time I thought that he caught some other kid's illness at the doctor's office. Now I think it is a reaction to the shot.

So I guess if he sleeps badly again tonight then it doesn't really count, since he's suffering from these symptoms. I think this will never end!
Crossing my fingers for at least a couple of hours of sleep in a row tonight.

Offline kjr928

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2014, 14:51:24 pm »
So after I put him down to bed last night at 7pm, it went something like this:

7:30 awake

I think I actually hallucinated little moving black dots in the middle of the night.
Somebody help

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2014, 03:28:56 am »
Ok, so if you have ruled out discomfort, illness, teething and schedule issue then maybe there is a props issue and you may have sleep train?! At every awakening, did he mantra cry or was it "I need you cry"? Maybe you're going in too soon? Did you feed him at any of those awakenings (apart from 10pm)?

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline kjr928

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2014, 03:03:41 am »
Hi Layla!

So Thursday night he woke up like every hour, but then last night he was pretty good!

7pm asleep
8pm wake & resettle
12:30am wake & bf
??? I think there was one other wake & bf but not sure
6:30am wake & bf
8:30am good morning bf

I do think I probably need some sleep training, but I also think that his constipation and then the vaccination reactions were making things a lot worse.

Tonight he went to bed around 8pm (he had a late nap). Just now I heard him start coughing pretty bad and now he's crying, so I guess I'll go bf him since it's been 3 hours and he's bound to wake up soon anyway.

Will post how tonight goes. Hopefully not too bad! THANK YOU!!!

Offline kjr928

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2014, 01:18:49 am »
Hi again,

Last night was also great -

7:45 asleep
12:30 wake, but I ignored and he went back to sleep
6am wake & bf
8:30am wake for the day and bf

Basically the thing I noticed was that I pretty much all but stopped the solid food. Yesterday he had maybe 1 or 2 teaspoons of baby food and he slept great. Today he actually didn't have any at all, so we'll see what happens.

If all his sleep problems are related to him getting solids, then what am I supposed to do about that?! I can't bf him forever?!?!
Also, I did his suppository on Wednesday & got a big poop, then he pooped a normal baby poop on Thursday, and he hasn't pooped since. How do I know when it's time to do another suppository?

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2014, 09:27:47 am »
How are things going? Don't worry about him not having too much solids at this stage as solids are just for fun in the first year. If you're concerned about how to and which foods to introduce, you can post in the feeding solids forum and get some more ideas there?

20/06/2012 - my angel baby