Author Topic: 11 month old splitting lunch due to first nap time/length  (Read 879 times)

Offline MarciaMSPT

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
    • DIY Home Health Physical Therapy
11 month old splitting lunch due to first nap time/length
« on: May 28, 2014, 16:01:04 pm »
Hi... Waylon is now pushing going down at 11:45am and yesterday slept for 2 hours. I'm in the beginning parts of the 2-1 nap transition. Do you have any advice for how to manage the lunch meal? He eats breakfast at 7 and has a good 9-grain cereal with fruit and bread and about 6 oz of milk. Just seems like 6-7 hours is way too long to go without food. Today I gave him 3.5 oz of milk and some bread to chew on about 11:15... and then will give him the "rest" of the meal when he wakes up. But I'm in search of advice on this. Thanks!
With God all things are possible!

Offline Buttonbobs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 124
  • E - born 20/10/11
Re: 11 month old splitting lunch due to first nap time/length
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 19:01:21 pm »
Hiya, it is quite common to spit lunch for a while at this point. I did a sort of mini lunch mid-morning and then a second lunch after the nap. Your DS seems to be doing quite well at sleeping for a good time with the snack of bread and milk before the sleep, you could try other foods too now he is settled on that good lunch time nap and see how he gets on.

Well done you :)
~ Naomi ~

Offline MarciaMSPT

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
    • DIY Home Health Physical Therapy
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 19:41:52 pm »
Thanks Buttonbobs...

Today is only day number 2 for that nap and it lasted 2 hr and 45 min - (I woke him at 2:30 - maybe I shouldn't have but feared the whole bedtime thing)

So, today was the first day I split the lunch...  but do you recommend more cereal type food for the first lunch split and then more lunch type foods after?  Thinking fruit and cereal is easier to digest then veggies (we are vegetarian so no meat). 

Thanks!
With God all things are possible!

Offline pinkladyangel

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 20:42:53 pm »
Hi there
we gave lo his savoury part of lunch before the nap and dessert after nap if that helps :D

Offline Buttonbobs

• Showing Appreciation 124
  • E - born 20/10/11
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 21:01:12 pm »
I don't think it necessarily matters, I was just thinking bread and milk isn't like a really lunch if you see what I mean - but if it works then why not. Go with what works :)
~ Naomi ~