Author Topic: 3.5 EASY with short naps?  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Nickie18

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
3.5 EASY with short naps?
« on: June 03, 2014, 21:35:19 pm »
SO my little 10 weeker short napper is confusing me... After much rial and error and lots of undertired naps, we have found her A time around 1h45min! We usually get good naps with that A time. However, given the length of A time, we need to do more of a 3.5 EASY to let her get a good nap. She actually can do 3.5 EASY for the most part. Yesterday we did the long A time with 3 hour EASY and her last 2 naps had to be forced undertired naps. Today we have good morning naps, but I am worried about her short naps coming back. If she has a 45 min nap, what do we do with the EASY? Do we do 4 naps instead of 3? I think we may run out of time in the day to have an extra nap, so early bed time to keep from OT?

Thank you in advance!

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: 3.5 EASY with short naps?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 02:51:12 am »
Yes, I think you either go for EBT WI 3 short naps, or of your LO doesn't do well with it try 3 naps and a 20-30 min CN and slightly later BT. My first was a horrid CNer and I had to for more naps if I coo uldnt extend them. He still settled at BT and I think overall got more tired from the short naps so by BT was still sleepy YK? I'd try shaving off 10/15 mins each A if you get short naps and see if it helps too

Wrt feeding, if you think he's waking hungry just offer a top up before the nap and see if she sleeps longer.

What do you think?
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline Nickie18

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 16:01:25 pm »
Thank you! She seems to be going between 1.5 and 1.75 A time at this point. usually can tell she is ready when she stops moving around. Yesterday we had 2 great am naps and had to do 2 UT naps in the evening to not mess up BT. She did ok with that and still only one wake up overnight. I think she just needs long A time to get a decent nap. Like 1.75 for a 1.5 h nap! I guess we just keep watching... I am concerned that when she has her "awakening" at 3-4 months that her A times will be crazy long...  Does that happen?

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 08:39:52 am »
I think when they're tiny some LOs just need the longer As, but generally they even out after 4-5 mths, once on two solid naps a day YK? - obviously there are some that always need long A times, but others even out a little so I wouldn't worry about those As going crazy and the 2-1 at 7 mths yet ;)
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.