Author Topic: Starting EASY tomorrow - 2mo - where do i start?  (Read 951 times)

Offline Eva2014

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Starting EASY tomorrow - 2mo - where do i start?
« on: June 05, 2014, 22:25:06 pm »
Ok so my 2mo is currently feeding every 3 hours. for some of those feeds I'm waking her up to feed. So how to i work out what EASY i need to be working with? I noticed people on this forum talk about 3 or 3.5 hourly EASY routines. do I need to see how long she can go without a feed or how long she sleeps for to be able to work out what routine i need to work with?

To help this is usually what currently happens:

7am - E
8am- S
10am - E
10:30- A
11am - S
1pm - e
1:30- a
4pm - e
4:30 - s
7-8- bath time and then E
8 - A
from now most nights we're trying to rock her to sleep. sometimes she looks over-tired and other times wide awake - it can take 2 hours to get her into a deep sleep

Hope this helps x

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Starting EASY tomorrow - 2mo - where do i start?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 03:32:05 am »
For her age the average awake time (from eyes open to closed, including the feed) is 1 hr 15-20 min. So I would try to extend those first A times but keep the feeds around 3 hourly for now (3.5 hr feed times are more used when transitioning to a 4 hr EASY).

You have a long time between naps in the afternoon though which I imagine is probably leading to ot at bedtime. Normally this age wouldbe on 4 naps a day or so.

After bathtime and the last E we never bothered with a proper A time, usually just a diaper change if anything. How is she at going to sleep for naps?
Heidi

Offline Eva2014

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 07:28:31 am »
thank you for your reply.

For naps (if we're at home) either she would fall asleep herself or i would pat her to sleep (on me or on the sofa). I struggle to keep her awake sometimes during feeding but I will make sure i try to keep her away for around 1hr 15-20 mins. Do you think the issue with getting her to sleep at bedtime is caused by her being OT then? Thats interesting. Ill work on it today and see if she falls asleep better tonight.

For future ref do you have a table of awake times i could use as she gets older?

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 09:50:04 am »
These are the average A times: Average A times- BOOKMARK ME!

I do wonder if that bigger stretch of A time is leaving her ot at bedtime. How long is the nap at 4:30 usually?
Heidi