Author Topic: Early waking for recently sleep trained 6-month old  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Newbiemommy001

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Intimidated new mommy
Early waking for recently sleep trained 6-month old
« on: June 06, 2014, 09:48:36 am »
We recently sleep trained our son using the shush-pat. We also got rid of the catnap and did an earlier bedtime of 6:30pm. It was working beautifully for 2 days and he would sleep from 6:30pm to 6-6:30am. But the last two days, he's been waking up at 5:30am ready to start the day. Here is our EASY:

5:30 am early wake
E- 6am
A
S 8:30-10:30 (did wake to sleep at the 25-min mark)
E- 10:30
A
S 1:30-3
E 3:00
A
Bed time routine at 5:45
S 6:30

Should I try to extend his A time more? Should I cap his first nap? Or should we do a later bedtime?

Thanks so much!

Offline Newbiemommy001

• Showing Appreciation 0
  • Intimidated new mommy
Re: Early waking for recently sleep trained 6-month old
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 09:26:31 am »
Anyone??? Please help! He's now getting up at 5am. I have tried extending both A times to 3hrs and 15 mins but it's not working. Should I try for a later bedtime? If I try for a later bedtime, the A time between the last nap and bedtime would be 4 hrs. Is this ok or will it result in OT?

Offline Sarah - Enfys' Mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 76
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 17:54:33 pm »
Hi, I'd probably cap the naps at 1.5 hours. Also what time do you want to get up?  Say if it's 6, you don't get him up till then, act like it's night time until then, and start your a from 6 am. So the first nap will be no earlier than 9. What do you think?

Offline Newbiemommy001

• Showing Appreciation 0
  • Intimidated new mommy
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 18:06:01 pm »
Thanks so much for replying! I hope to get him by 6 or 6:30 (6:30 would be better but anything after 6am would be awesome!). He's been waking up at 5am for the past 2 mornings. I'll do what you suggest and get his first nap no earlier than 9 am and go from there.

Would changing his bedtime to 6:45 or 7pm do more harm than good? His original bedtime was 7:30 when he was still getting a catnap. However, we had to drop the catnap because it was messing with his night time sleep and I was suggested to try an earlier bedtime to get us out of OT-UT cycle. Is it too soon to try pushing the bedtime a little further back? His dad doesn't get to see him with his early bedtime.

Sorry for all the questions!