Author Topic: Starting 3 month old on EASY  (Read 889 times)

Offline Acomfort

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 06, 2014, 10:28:23 am »
I'm starting EASY w my 3 month old. Most days he eats every 2 hrs. Sometimes every 2.5. I breastfeed. How do I stretch him to 3? Another question... He currently sleeps in a rock and play but I was thinking of transitioning to pack and play or crib bc of the PU PD we will have to do. He rarely takes longer than a 30 min nap 4 or 5 times a day and he'll do a 5 hr stretch at night once in a while but usually it's only 4 hrs then up ever 2-3. How do I stretch that? Also he won't take a pacifier and does sleep at night swaddled. Thanks!!

Offline Sarah - Enfys' Mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 76
Re: Starting 3 month old on EASY
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 18:05:28 pm »
Hi, and welcome. How big is your son and is he just three months old or closer to four months?  *most* three month old babies can go three hours between feeds. It's possible that if his naps are short, his tired and hungry cues may be looking similar and confusing you. Does that mark sense?  I've had to google a tick and play to see what you mean. Do you rock him the whole time?  Where does he sleep at night?  Also could you post what your day looks like, in EAS format eg
Wake up 7 am
E bf 7 am
A awake time
S sleep 8.30-9 am
... All the way to bedtime. That would be very helpful.

Offline Acomfort

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 16:49:00 pm »
My son will be 3 myths on June 11. It does make sense that I'm confusing hunger and tired cues. When I nurse him after his naps he sometimes falls asleep but as soon as I take him off he's up. He naps and sleeps in the rock and play. I don't rock him in it. For naps I have to walk around for awhile and bounce and shh him. Sometimes even turn on water bc that soothes him too. He's learning to suck on his fingers but it's not soothing him fully yet. After his 30 min naps he seems happy but could still be tired. When I try to get him back to sleep he cries.

He's usually up btwn 8 -9
The naps times and feed times also vary daily.

E8
A8:30
E10
S11:20
E12:10
A12:45
S1:40
E2:20
A3
S4:10
E4:40
A5:10
S6:15
E7
A7:30 bath and bed routine
E nurse to sleep 8:30

Then he's up 3-4 times a night.

I'm sure he's tired but don't know how to get him to nap/sleep longer!! Thank you for any advice you can give!

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Starting 3 month old on EASY
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 18:46:52 pm »
Is that first nap usually after a really long A time? (looks like 3 hrs 20 min?) If so I wonder if he is ot from that? If you could bring that nap back a bit I wonder if that would work. If he likes the sound of water, there are white noise machines that can replicate that!
Heidi