Author Topic: What should EASY look like for 11.5 month old ?  (Read 4988 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
What should EASY look like for 11.5 month old ?
« on: June 11, 2014, 13:45:36 pm »
I feel like as soon as we are in a routine, it changes ! Lol. Lo will be turning 1 end of June and I'll be faced with 2-1 transition as well as dropping morning and bt bottkes and switching to milk. That's a lot going on!
What should his EASY look like with either one or two naps? Right now his easy is sonething like this :

Up at 615 am
Bottle at 630-645
Breakfast at 730
Play / free time or walk in stroller
Nap 10/10:15-11:15/11:30 usually 1 hr 15-30 mins
Lunch at 12/1230
Play /free time or errands in car and stroller
Nap 330-4 or 430 either 30 mins or 1 hr he's been fighting this nap sometimes it's even later 4-445 or in the car
Dinner 5
Bedtime start routine around 645 in bed by 7-730. Bedtime is always hard I'm never sure when he's ready. Either it seems like I put him in crib too early and he's awake playing for 30 mins or he's crying and fussy. I have been just trying to do bedtime at 7 no matter what but it does t ajways work out with his morning A time varying as well as that afternoon nap either being 30 mins or an hour and up late from it around 445.
Any suggestions on things to do different ? He's on average 4 hrs A time 2.5-3 befire bed. He also takes 2 bottles still and I'm worried on dropping them. He doesn't eat to sleep at night but I do it with him in chair and feed him and then into crib. What would bedtime routine look like without bottle?  As far as morning bottle I will just try up offer him milk in sippy and then breakfast shortly after.

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
Re: What should EASY look like for 11.5 month old ?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 14:20:45 pm »
You know I wouldn't panic about changing from bottles just yet (my DD3 loves her bottles!) as the real issue is if they have them all day or fall asleep with them as it is not good for teeth. I would suggest adding a tooth brushing session in after the bt feed though and then maybe change over to milk gradually and then tackle the bottles after so it isn't so much at once!

As for EASY - well we are on one nap so cannot comment on routine really but not all babies are ready for the 2-1 right at 1 yr - if you start to get ew/nw/bt or nap shenanigans then it is probably time to gear towards one nap.

Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 20:34:10 pm »
Thank you! I'm getting afternoon nap shenanigans for sure. He's doing 4 he's A time so today I tried 5 hrs by accidebt because we weren't home and he still just plays aroubd in his crib doesn't cry but it takes him 15 mins to fall asleep which means he didbt fall asleep until 420!! That's way too late for a nap no? Think I'll wake him in 20 mins and then to bed by 7?  He does wake at 615 lately which is kind of early and he also takes a long time to fall asleep at night. But he's not crying he's just winding down. Should I keep trying to extend the morning A time? To try to get towards one nap?

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 22:16:54 pm »
There are a few ways to go about the 2-1...shorten the morning nap and bring the pm nap earlier and earlier until they are one, push out the morning nap until baby takes a long enough nap and can sustain themselves to bed...or drop cold turkey! The last one does jot work for everyone, I did it with my first two.

There is no way DD3 would do bed after a 20 min nap and that short an A time - do you think he will? Many find during the 2-1 that the day gets a bit longer to fit in the naps.
Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 23:34:34 pm »
After such long A times during the day I find that by night he can't handle such a long A time. Tiday he slept from 425-445 I woke him and I just put him to bed at 730. As of now he's still playing in their not asleep but happy not crying. Ok so if I pushed him to 5 hrs A time in morning his nap might be at 11 and if he only sleeps until 12 or 1 if he did a two hour which he's never done that would still leave a long time until bedtime no? Or if I wake him at 30 mins after 4 hrs A time he will be up aroubd 1030 then wgat time would I put him down for second nap? Geeze this is confusing lol

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 23:53:34 pm »
How much does he usually nap in the day total right now? If it is a short nap in the am then he should be good to nap from 1:30 - 3:00 and then if that nap is a bust an ebt to compensate? I really only did two weeks of this with DD3 and we did a long am nap/short pm but I totally apop the 2nd nap and then we were on one nap when she fought the 2 nd nap.
Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 02:50:02 am »
He normally does 1 hr up to 1.5 hrs in the am so from about 10-11/1130/12 ish and then usually just a catnap about 30 mins in afternoon although lately with the longer A time before afternoon nap he's been doibg a 1 hr in afternoon sometimes. Or if we are out he we only do 30 mins in car. I don't think I could keep him awake from 615 am to 130 pm??  Tonight I put him down for bed at 730 and he didbt fall asleep until 8 pm!! But he's happy and not crying so I don't want to go into his room. I just feel bad like he wasn't ready for bed. Bedtime is always tough he always cries when I get him into his pjs and until I start feeding him. Whether he's ot or ut. It always makes me feel bad. He woke at 615 am took an hour nap from 10:20-11:10 and then didn't fall asleep for second nap until 420 and I woke him at 445.  What should his A times look like?

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 03:50:46 am »
Oh no I mean do a short am catnap and then a longer nap at 1:30 or so...I am not good with A times, mine were all on one nap by 11 months and we did set wakeup/nap/bedtime, thankfully they have all dealt with that okay as doing it the other way just did not work. My DD3 gets upset after her bath until she has her bottle, I think it is not ot or ut for us but rather hunger! She devours that bottle even though she had supper just a couple of hours prior.

Gotta run - baby is up fussing - darn teeth!
Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 10:26:39 am »
Ah teething! Ok so how do I know if he can handle just one nap? I don't think the short am nap would work especially because he hates being woken up and I don't think he will go down less then 4 hrs for the next nap and I don't think it would be very long. So in the end I just think I would end up in the same situation. He does go down easily for that first nap and it's always decent one hour plus. Wgat would the day look like with just one nap if he's up at 6-630? Would I do nap at 1130 in hopes that it's 2 hours until 130 then lunch and bedtime at 630? I feel like A times never work for us either at least they aren't consistent. And I've tried to do the same bedtime at 7 which doesn't always work either like last night when he was awake in crib until 8!

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 14:19:50 pm »
We do up at 7:30/8, nap at 1:00/1:30 (1.5-2 hrs tops) & bedtime at 8:00 (works best with the older ones!) so just a bit later but similar to what you were thinking. Do you think he can handle 5 hrs A before and after a nap? Would he tack on at night if needed? (That does not happen here!) At first I did let her nap as long as she would but quickly found I had to cap it - most days 1.5 hrs is enough, though yesterday she had a super busy day at daycare and could have used more sleep.
Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 14:40:24 pm »
I guess if I'm already getting a nap of 1.5 hours (sometimes just 1 hr) I'm not sure if the one nap would be worth it. Unless he continues to fight the afternoon nap. Today he was up at 615 and started to fall asleep while playing on floor so he went down for nap at 4 hrs A time. So i don't think he can handle anymore. I'll try to put him down for catnap around 330 and just let him sleep for 30 mins which he normally does unless his A time is longer than he's down at 4 and he will sleep longer which I don't want. He used to tack on sleep but lately no matter how much sleep he gets daytime or how Kate's he stays up at night he still wakes early at 615! Thanks is much

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 18:41:47 pm »
Yeah if he is pooped after 4 hrs one nap will have to wait a bit - I think my older two were able to do 4.5 hrs when we dropped to one and then they had a longer nap of 2.5/3 hrs. I wish DD3 could do that!
Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2014, 00:09:57 am »
Today he was up at 615 took two 40 min naps woke up crying from both and was in bed at 715. I think teeth are coming in. Not sure what else it could be ?!

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2014, 04:02:13 am »
Is it the one year molars? Besides eye teeth those (and the two year molars) were the worst! Poor little guy xx
Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2014, 10:29:00 am »
Ouch! I'm not sure he won't let me in to feel lol. He's got the bottom front 4 and the top front 4 but that's all I can see. I just can't think of why else he would wake from a nap at 40 mins crying.