Author Topic: What should EASY look like for 11.5 month old ?  (Read 4945 times)

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: What should EASY look like for 11.5 month old ?
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2014, 02:05:48 am »
How were the nights and mornings with that A time?
Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2014, 10:17:22 am »
He would wake earlier than now around 6-630 and he was doing about a 13 hr day but he would fight going to sleep sometimes and we were struggling with that afternoon nap fighting it. It became so stressful trying to get him down so I figured I would try the longer A times and just see. I guess I need to give it some more time? Or push that morning A longer so that we don't gabe such a long night. But when I did that yesterday I only got an hour nap. Should I try to feed him lung first then a nap? Although days when he's up at 630 unless I give him lunch early it won't work and I'm just not sure that he can handle that long of an A and still enjoy his lunch lol. We are leaving for a week vacation tomorrow too so I'm not sure wgat his naps are going to be like

« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2014, 15:45:21 pm »
Well with a vacation in the mix I would just be winging it a bit! Plenty of time when you get back to get back on track. Hope you have a lovely time!
Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2014, 16:45:51 pm »
Thank you :) today he woke early at 630 and his teeth were bothering him and he yawned all morning so I gave him Tylenol and put him to bed at 1015 he passed right out and slept until 1135! When yeaterday he did a 5 hr A time and slept an hour. The inconsistency is hard!

« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2014, 05:43:59 am »
I know! I am a real type A person but with kids you just have to embrace the fact that nothing will ever be that consistent! Sounds likehe needed the rest, darn teeth!
Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2014, 16:25:20 pm »
So I'm finally getting a good 1.5 hr nap I'm the morning for the past few days after 3.5- 4 hrs A time. He literally falls asleep befire I leave the room! But the afternoon is still tricky. Being that he was never a good napper I don't think he really needs much for day sleep besides the 1.5 hrs but he's up from 12-1230 until bedtime unless he naps in the car for a catnap which can also happen too late and set back bedtime. If he's up at 7 and sleeps from 11-1230 and doesn't nap in afternoon what time should I try for bedtime?  Last night he woke around 12 am adter going to bed at 730 which is a first. He never wakes and cries during the night. We've also just starting mixing milk into his formula th past 4 days.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2014, 15:16:49 pm »
So lo is up for about 4 hrs before first nap so if he wakes at 715 he's down for a nap at 11:15. And sometimes he sleeps 1.5 hrs and sometimes only 30 mins!! When he does sleep for an hour he's up around 1230 and then I feed him lunch but he doesn't take a second nap because it gets to be too late in the day so he's then up until 7 pm but he's happy and content not cranky and he falls right to sleep and sleeps a good 12 hours. I'm just worried if I try to push him a little to let's say 4.5 hours A time he won't go down for a nap until around 12 which is close to lunch time. So I'm wondering if he would get a good long nap when it's lunch time and he's probably hungry. Any suggestions ? We have also just dropped the morning bottle and I'm mixing formula and milk in a sippy cup. Sometimes he only takes 2 oz sonetimes 5 but he was taking 7-9 from the bottle. He's still taking about 9 oz in bottle at bed.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2014, 16:17:14 pm »
He also keeps waking after 30 mins crying at first nap.

« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2014, 16:46:08 pm »
Sorry been a bit awol - have nephews visiting so house is chaotic at best! What about an early lunch and then nap time? Do you think he is ut at the 30 min wake up? Oh and has he had dairy before the milk intro? DD3 can handle some dairy but full out milk gets her constipated and having ezcema flares - she was/is mpi though.
Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2014, 17:37:40 pm »
Sounds like fun by you! Lol. He's had dairy before and he seems to be ok with the milk formula combo. His molars have been coming in now for a whole they are very swollen. He's tired and goes right down so u don't think ut but who knows! I'll try for longer tomorrow. I just hate to feed him lunch first because he's usually tired and doesn't eat well before the nap.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2014, 17:35:16 pm »
So today I tried to push out his first naps in hopes of a good one. He woke tiday at 730 I gave him lunch at 12 and put him down for nap at 1230 and he woke at 130! Ugh I sometimes get a longer nap of 1.5 hrs or 30 mins! He's very inconsistent. I thought maybe pushing out his first A time would help me get a longer nap as well as him waking later in day not making A time before bed too long. Now what?! Wheh should I put him to bed? I normally do a 12 he day so should I still put him to bed at 730? Seems like a very long afternoon.

« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2014, 09:31:46 am »
If his molars are bulging have you tried meds at all? Just to see if it is really affecting sleep or not. I would have tried a bit early bedtime, how did it go in the end?
Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2014, 12:37:48 pm »
Yes I've been giving him Tylenol but it doesn't seem to make a difference with the random naps. He was in bed 7-715 fell asleep. What's the point of trying to move the nap later in day? Isn't it to get one good long nap?! Lol. Should I keep doing the 5 hr A time and feeding lunch first then nap? Should I still aim for a 12 hr day if I'm only getting one 1 hr nap?

« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2014, 13:46:53 pm »
Yes it is to get a long nap - but not every baby needs one! How is his mood on that short of a nap? I would let that guide you as to whether he needs ebt or not.
Heidi