Author Topic: 10wk old won't nap then often falls asleep whilst feeding  (Read 741 times)

Offline Digimand

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
10wk old won't nap then often falls asleep whilst feeding
« on: June 12, 2014, 13:47:29 pm »
Do I have to keep her awake during feeds to avoid interfering with the routine? What if she is desperately tired as she struggles with naps? She can sleep for hours and hours at night but she just won't nap

Offline Digimand

• Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 10wk old won't nap then often falls asleep whilst feeding
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 15:16:48 pm »
Also wondering whether I should first use short term means to get her into the swing of napping (sling, pram etc) then start to teach her to nap in her crib?
Oh added to the mix my DH works from home and won't really want the baby crying all day whilst he's speaking to clients.

Any help/tips appreciated

Offline Florena49

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 27
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 15:26:06 pm »
Hi

Your little one is still so young and like all babies just wants to be near mum all the time. It is great that she sleeps well all night. From personal experience i fed to sleep if need be for the first 2-3 months and rocked to sleep, but that was my personal preference. If you are keen to get your little one sleeping in the cot, i would try doing that just for one nap a day, so for your first nap try getting her to sleep using shush pat, so she gets used to the feeling of falling asleep in the cot. Otherwise swing, sling and the rest that gets your little one rested are good.
Viktoria

Mum to Oskar 25/10/2013 and Maksim 19/07/2015

Offline Digimand

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 16:08:06 pm »
Thank you that's really reassuring. The thought of trying to consistently do all naps with shh pat was quite stressful. Looks like it'll be lots of baby wearing for me then 😊

Thank you, your response has made me feel much less of a failure

Offline Florena49

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 27
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 16:13:15 pm »
There is no failing at all on your part, enjoy the cuddles with your little one and babywearing is great, you still have your hands free and can make yourself a cup of tea!
Viktoria

Mum to Oskar 25/10/2013 and Maksim 19/07/2015