Author Topic: Our EASY Schedule-needs tunning  (Read 807 times)

Offline cpowell05

• 8 Month Old Sleep training
  • New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Our EASY Schedule-needs tunning
« on: June 13, 2014, 19:04:29 pm »
HI I'm New to the forums and posting. But have been doing pu/pd after much research. I have read/purchased the baby whisper solves all your problems and SO MANY things make perfect sense as my now 8.5month old showed us so many cues at 4-6months that I wish I would of followed-I noticed them but didn't follow his cue :*(

-Just started eating 3 meals/day was still doing just 1-2 foods a day until our 8 month check up when I realized he could be eating lots more...

Schedule prior to leaning about EASY
7-730 Wakes/nurses
8  Plays on Floor/watches Baby First development program while mom does AM chores
930-10 shows sleep cues nurses other side goes to sleep-laid in crib for nap
12 Awake-nurse
1230 Offerred Solids
1pm Activity general floor play-sometimes go for walk or swing outdoors
2 shows sleepy cues- nurse- laid down to nap in crib
330-4 Awake- Nurses
5- Solids/Snack offerred
530 Activity indoor/outdoor
6-630 Nursed-solids offerred
730 Bath, Read book Bedtime wind down
8 Nurse in bedroom lights out
830 asleep laid in crib for night
On this schedule which Always worked for us *before* He started standing in crib in middle of night and couldn't get down, We worked with him during day on sitting. He has now figured that out and i Have seen him do it multiple times in crib. However he wont lay himself down very long without popping back up. We have used a pacifier at times for comfort. He can and will put it in himself and spit out when tired of sucking and stay asleep. Since learning EASY and the PU/PD technique we've been using it at naps and bedtime and it is somewhat effective avfter 30-40 mins.
My problem is I can seem to let go of nursing him prior to a nap or bedtime as I feel like that his Tanking Up for good rest. the last 2 nights he has not eaten well at supper time. He does have two bottom teeth and is teething- we've been 'strictly doing the pu/pd if and when he wakes in middle of night or after being laid down for nap. But I'm still nursing prior to sleep at naps and bedtime  :-[

What advice can you give me... What more info about our routine do you need?
TIA  :-\
I have written down our new schedule following the EASY Cheat Sheet for 6 months and Beyond but still nurse at naps...
~Chelsea

Offline Sarah - Enfys' Mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 76
Re: Our EASY Schedule-needs tunning
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 20:14:25 pm »
Hi, and welcome to BW!  So are you nursing him all the way asleep?  Or feeding him just before nap time and putting him down awake?