Author Topic: Am I feeding my 11mo enough?  (Read 2195 times)

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Am I feeding my 11mo enough?
« on: June 16, 2014, 15:45:50 pm »
Hi all,

Apologies if this is a tired, old subject but I'd really love some advice please. DD was inconsolable earlier and, having tried everything else, finally fed her tea early and now she's happy as can be. This has thrown me and now I'm having serious doubts if I'm feeding her enough during the day.

Feeding routine is as follows (today)

6.50 - 6oz formula
8.15 - baby porridge with puréed blueberries and peach. Made with 2oz formula. Quantity around 8-10tbl??
11.15 - lunch. 1 egg omelette with cheese and tomatoes (ate over half), 2 fingers of fresh bread toast cut quite thick with butter and the tiniest bit of marmite (is this ok btw??), 2 slices of roasted red pepper and around 8 large grapes cut into pieces.
2 - 1/2 small banana
4 (usually 4.30) lamb casserole with loads of veg and sweet potato. Petit filous
Will have 6.30 8oz formula

It doesn't look like a lot now I've written it down..

Offline lolsyb1982

• Showing Appreciation 34
Re: Am I feeding my 11mo enough?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 17:07:46 pm »
Hi Kelly

That looks like enough to me and along the lines of what my nearly 15 mo eats (she would eat all day long if I let her) Could just be having a hungry day (know I feel hungrier some days more than others)

You could always try a bigger afternoon snack and see if that keeps her going until tea (and doesn't decrease the amount she then eats)

HTH x
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 17:10:02 pm by lolsyb1982 »
Lauren

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 17:52:21 pm »
Thanks Lauren. Yep, I might do a bigger snack. I did experiment with a split lunch, but that didn't go down too well!

Thanks for the reassurance hun xx

Offline <Catherine>

• Showing Appreciation 149
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 17:55:46 pm »
Solid food wise I think she's having plenty, our only difference was that my DS still had an afternoon bottle at that age - has she dropped her third bottle recently?
Catherine x

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 18:06:12 pm »
Solid food wise I think she's having plenty, our only difference was that my DS still had an afternoon bottle at that age - has she dropped her third bottle recently?

We are a month behind but still on 4 bottles and working toward 3 but she eats a bit less solids (not surprising though as she takes in a good 28-32 oz of formual currently -working on slowly lowering that and upping the food over the next couple of months).
Heidi

Offline KookyK

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 19:15:35 pm »
Sounds lots to me! DS is 10 months

2 NFs
5am breast feed
6am nibble a finger of toast and 10 blueberries
8am breast feed
9.30 biscuit
10.30 breast feed
11.30 half slice bread with cream cheese, cherry tomato, cucumber, couple grapes, half a smallyoghurt
12.30 breast feed
2.30 breast feed
3 biscuit
4.30 breastfeed
5 small dinner eg 8 pasta spirals in sauce, couple of teaspoons of a veg eg peas or green beans
6.30 breast feed and bed

cripes I give him too much milk!
DD jan 2008
DS August 2013

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 19:22:33 pm »
Looks like plenty to me, perhaps she's having a growth spurt?  Mine would really let you know he was hungry and eat the fridge clean during a GS and then afterwards I'd worry when his appetite went down but it was just returning to normal.

WRT marmite, no harm in it just remember it is high in salt. Bread in the UK is pretty high in salt, and it depends what seasoning or stock cubes etc you use in the other food, stew etc, in the rest of the day. I do think it is worth keeping the salt down wherever possible. Sainsburys do a low salt yeast extract if you're interested, although I've never actually compared the salt levels in them.

Looks like she has some lovely food - yum! :)

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 05:59:31 am »
Thanks so much all! It's very reassuring.

Catherine - she dropped the 11am ish bottle last week. She did it herself really. For the last 2 weeks she was only taking between 2-4oz max. The afternoon bottle went ages ago as she wasn't taking her BT milk!

Heidi - DD was still on around 24oz around 9.5mo or so, she just gradually started taking less and less. Worried the hell out of me at first. At least now with two bottles, she takes most of them! I make 2x 9oz and she did finish that last night. We've just run out of opportunities to have a bottle as we're going through the 2-1 and she's napping for a decent length of time now.

Thanks as well KookyK, it's really helpful to see what others do.

Hi again creations. Lovely to 'see' you again.  Absolutely no other salt in anything. I make all my own stock as I know there's lots of salt in there. DH gave her a bite of his marmite on toast a month ago and she devoured it! Disgusting IMO! I only let her have it once every 2 weeks or so. I keep forgetting they'll still have growth spurts now  ::) silly me. So concerned about sleep and whatnot, everything else goes out the window. She's starting to walk unassisted too, would that have an impact on food intake?

Again, thanks all. I'd drive myself crazy if it wasn't for the BW forums  ;) xx

Offline <Catherine>

• Showing Appreciation 149
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 06:42:54 am »
Sounds like she's doing great then :) I either put it down to a growth spurt and let her have more at meal/snack times if she wants it - as long as it doesn't interfere with her milk intake then she'll let you know when she's full :)

I would imagine the walking may have an impact as she'd be using more energy.
Catherine x

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 08:20:23 am »
I'd drive myself crazy if it wasn't for the BW forums
Me too :)