Author Topic: 9 week EASY - short naps  (Read 1156 times)

Offline Isabella123

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 16, 2014, 20:38:58 pm »
Hi,
I've searched everywhere for some info on this. I've a 9 week old and only started the easy routine last week. My LO is not great at napping. Rarely do I get 1.5 hours so I'm wondering should I add another nap into the day or what is recommended? LO is only learning to sleep in the cot so it could take 20-30 mind of shh pat to get him to sleep. Quite draining!
Any advice would be welcomed.

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 9 week EASY - short naps
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 13:29:41 pm »
Yes, usually if LO is having short naps you would add an extra nap or two into the day :). Sometimes you may also need to shorten A times a touch after a short nap to prevent LO getting too OT.  What sort of A times are you doing at the moment?  Have you seen this link which may be helpful: Average A times- BOOKMARK ME!!

Offline Isabella123

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 22:14:37 pm »
Thanks for the reply. A times are usually 1h10 or 1h20. After the second yawn in winding him down. Do they usually grow into having longer naps?

Offline Nickie18

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 01:36:10 am »
My LO is 12.5 weeks and was doing one good 2 hour nap with other short naps, but now is only short napping and cranky like crazy. On the 3 hour EASY we did 5 naps- went to sleep once without a feed for her short nap. I certainly hope that this is just a phase but I do not remember my DS1 "growing out of it" until he was on the 4 hour EASY and on 2 naps plus CN. I feel your pain and am waiting for her to start napping better too:)

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 07:59:03 am »
Lots of mums find things settle down and become more predictable with naps around 6 months, that's not to say all naps will be bad until then, just that 6 months does seem to be a bit of a turning point.  Most babies do go through a short naps phase.  It's a complete pain (not looking forward to it again here....) but for most it will end eventually.  Hang in there x