Author Topic: A time!  (Read 11821 times)

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: A time!
« Reply #135 on: December 22, 2014, 14:26:38 pm »
Please don't let her cry alone hun, we really don't support it as Tracy believed it broke the bonds of trust between a little one and its mummy. You've worked so hard to have her trust through this all, CIO is really not the answer. She'll just become despondent and separation anxiety will rear it's ugly head and things will not get better int  he long term whatsoever. Promise me you'll keep up what you're doing so far?

Once she has caught up on some sleep, hopefully she'll start having slightly longer naps. Perhaps 1.5hrs is enough for her, but we need to ensure she gets her 12 hrs in at night if that's the case. Maybe she prefers it that way round. Some lo's like a 2.5hr nap, but will only sleep 10hrs at night.. Personally I think your way round will be better  ;)

I know it's going to be difficult with Xmas. All the extra stimulation will probably tire her out more. Perhaps you could just go with the flow over the Christmas period then we can see where we are at afterwards? What do you think?

Cry it out (CIO): 10 reasons why it is not for us
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 14:28:34 pm by Kellyjs »

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #136 on: December 22, 2014, 17:09:01 pm »
Ok, i go with the flow try to be early at home for her, i will not do cio. I try this first, of cours i don t want that.
If you really think i can change this, we are desperate You think she is ot, what are the signs. Because she did wake at 5 you thought ot, why?

I just put her in bed by six. What can i do if she awakes by 6 or earlier. Change bedtime?

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #137 on: December 22, 2014, 17:26:08 pm »
I'm thinking OT because last night she did closer to 10hrs rather than her usual 11.5-12. That normally signals OT and naps getting a little shorter too like you've been getting with the hour long ones. They say 1hr 10mins naps are a sign of OT too, but it's a case of trying a few EBT and see if that lengthens the nights. You say she's so much better with a longer night that that early morning wu makes me think OT.

All we can do is see I suppose. Go with the flow the next few days, try and keep the days to 12hrs and see of she catches up.

And thank you for the no CIO, I know we can get through this, she just needs to find her rhythm and it may be after that ww where she slept loads and after that illness she's getting herself back on track. She hasn't really had a good enough chance to settle into things really with those two throwing a spanner into the works x

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #138 on: December 23, 2014, 07:55:38 am »
Goodmorning,

You were right my lo slept without night wakenings  :o and she slept from 6 till 8. So 14 hours !! So she is ot. Can you help me out, i did let her sleep tolong but because always bad sleeping its difficult for me to wake her up.

What can i do today bedtime at 6,30 and nap 12.30. Stick on that? Because she is overtired and the next christmas days are going to be tired for her.

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #139 on: December 23, 2014, 12:31:33 pm »
That's amazing! Yay!  ;D Let's hope she caught up. I would take the opportunity to shift the day a little, so nap at 1pm and BT at 7? Hope I got to you soon enough... If not, it wouldn't be so bad at all what you suggested.

I was hoping to get her on a 7am wu 1pm nap for 1.5hrs then a 7pm BT. Wdyt?

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #140 on: December 23, 2014, 12:58:16 pm »
Th

I was hoping to get her on a 7am wu 1pm nap for 1.5hrs then a 7pm BT. Wdyt?

I think that would be great. Well, i was late and she already was in bed at 12.30.  Slept for 1 hour again. I,m little confussed now but bedtime again at six? The 1 hour nap is that still ot? What i realy don t want are the nw so like you said, set bedtime at 6,30 and all naps under 1,30 bedtime 30 min earlier? Okay or not?

« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 13:00:44 pm by mary12 »

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #141 on: December 23, 2014, 14:25:17 pm »
Nah I would've thought that was UT from the short A after a late wu this morning. Remember when I said about the UT/OT loop? Tbh she probably would've had a short nap at 1pm anyway after that great night.
Yep, I'd try BT at 6 and see if she sleeps a little longer to catch her up again. Depending on wu tomorrow, if it's around the 6/6.30am mark I would do nap at 12.30, otherwise if she sleep until 7 maybe try nap at 1pm?

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #142 on: December 24, 2014, 13:15:51 pm »
Hello,

She did again great at night, just perfect no nw at al. Awake at 6,15, so she slept 12,15. Nap at 12,30 but slep only 1,10 again. So bedtime again at six? Or even earlier because the two days here for she slept more in the morning.  Wdyt?
 The nap now what is it ot or ut? Before she did nap better.

Anyway i am so happy with the good nights  ;D  ;D thanks
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 13:37:50 pm by mary12 »

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #143 on: December 24, 2014, 14:27:48 pm »
Great news about the nights!! She is starting to get less and less night sleep now though isn't she? 14hrs now 12hrs 15. Hmmmm, I'd be tempted to push BT a tad later so maybe 6.15pm?

Not too sure whether the nap is UT or OT tbh, I guess time will tell x

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #144 on: December 24, 2014, 18:58:21 pm »
Difficult to say, but she was tired at 5 already. How can you say that soon ut, i mean do you judge this by day, that seams so quick to me. I get the feeling that we then change a lot with the bed and nap time? I don t how to explain. ::)

Any way i did put there in by six because she look tired. At tomorrow christmas .

Merry christmas ;)  and many thanks for your good advice.

Come back soon  :-* ;D

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #145 on: December 28, 2014, 13:16:56 pm »
How's it going hun?

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #146 on: December 28, 2014, 17:06:44 pm »
Hello,

Well it going good, i don t still get if i doning it write.

This is what happend:

Awake at 6,40   12,30 nap 1 hour  bedtime in car at 6,30 but slept at 7,20  (busy christmas day)  no nw

Awake at 5,20 fell again a sleep at 6,2o till 8   nap 12,3o  2hours???     Bedtime 6,45  (did not now what was better but because of day before and early awake we did choose this time) she cried and did slep at 7,15  maybe to early in bed  no nw  why now napping so long?

Awake 6,20  nap 12,30  1,20 minutes bedtime 6,20  so i was thinking good day but then we had nw at 3.30 , i can not resetle anymore. She cries till we get her out bed. We did go few times in but she didnot want to sleep till i put her in my bed then she slept. This is a problem because we then can,t sleep so we don t now what to do?  So she slept till 8 but this is only because she is awake more then one hour.

Nap at 12.30 again 1 hour sleep put in her bed at six. She did now immediately sleeps.   Wdyt?  We had a good day but then she has nw?

So naps are not very good and one long nw of 1, 30 . Wich i don t understand, but i do see that putting her early in is helping, so i hope you have advice is she ot? When we had nw?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 17:11:36 pm by mary12 »

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #147 on: December 29, 2014, 12:29:58 pm »
It's a hard one as Christmas is a very busy time. The night before when she went to sleep in the car was a short night, so that could be why she napped 2hrs the next day.

We have to consider that there's a lot of extra stimulation at Christmas too, so that tires them out a little more.

If you don't mind, I'm going to re read through the last few pages of the thread to get a full picture as to when the NW's happen. Back in a bit x

Ok, sometimes it's easier to see the full picture when you re read the last few months since she went to one nap. NW's for her do seem to be related to OT don't they? After a couple of nights of that, she then crashes and sleeps in till 8. What we do know is that she's great and will sleep in in the morning when she needs to. I think we should stick with that plan and perhaps ignore the clock (set nap time) and go back to A times. I think the set time would've worked if you were waking her up at the exact same time in the morning but tbh when she sleeps in she obviously needs it then you manage to get a few nights without the NW's.

If we work backwards, she goes to sleep straight away after 4.30mins A for BT. Let's keep that. Seemed 4hrs 15mins after a 2hr nap before was too soon as it took her a long while to go to sleep. See what I mean?

So the first A, this is where it's getting tricky as she gives us mixed signals. She slept the 2hrs after 4hrs 30mins but I'm presuming that could be because of the short night before it. Whereas when she's had a good night, 4hrs 30mins gives us what we think is a short UT nap of one hour. How about we look at 5.5hrs  first A for a while and see?

Unfortunately this may reduce the length of your day a little, but it might help with any OT. We may find as well that we could lengthen that first A eventually too, but I just wanted to see if we can find her ideal first A, but that will mean playing around with it.

We do know that anything less that 12hrs sleep total in the day for her leads to OT. 12.5 hrs seems ok. We'll get there eventually hun, I'm sure!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 12:58:07 pm by Kellyjs »

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #148 on: December 29, 2014, 15:23:39 pm »
You say she slept 2 hours because of the short night but she slept till 8?. Today she was awake at 6 and she nap 1 hour at 12,30. She did have a normal night.  So it doesnt seem to me ut or ot? I really don no why her naps are even shorter then before.

I don t now if a times even are possible , this with dinner and kindergarden. Because of the early wakenings and short nap the day will be to short.  As example she did wake at 1,30. We do dinner at 5 or if possible 4.30 and one milk bottle before sleeping. This is difficult to do even earlier i mean she even will not eat that early. But two days a week she goes to kindergarden and we come home at 4,30.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 15:28:13 pm by mary12 »

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #149 on: December 29, 2014, 18:55:35 pm »
Ok, no worries hun it was just an idea. Might have to go back to the EBT for a couple of days again and see if she sleeps in and stabilises?

I have a feeling we're going to be stuck with the 1.20mins naps though, maybe that's all she needs and offer her BT 12hrs after she wakes up in the morning (like we did before), and if she wants to sleep in, then let her. She is a tough one to figure out, I tell you!! At least you're giving her the opportunity to sleep, it's up to her to do it. You're doing everything right, so it's not you ok? Any teeth that we can see yet? Molars should be on the way?

If it's any consolation I was up with DD every hour last night  ::). Have a feeling we've got teething and OT from Xmas too x