Author Topic: A time!  (Read 12115 times)

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2014, 07:06:55 am »
Hai

What do you think? Or is this nothing for her?
Help

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: A time!
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2014, 17:46:05 pm »
Sorry Mary, we've been away.

How did today go? I'd be tempted to leave the A times as they are for now and see if she settles into them. If you like you can try and reduce the second one a bit so 3hrs 20 mins, but I have a feeling that'll still give you another 45mins nap,but might be worth a go?  Also try w2s I mentioned before. Is there any teeth or anything bothering her at the minute? If so, could you try medicating 15mins before her nap?

What we do know is that she needs to learn to transition to the next sleep cycle. She's perfectly capable of doing it when you got that longer nap the other day.

How are the nights at the moment? Any unusual WU's?

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2014, 17:21:57 pm »
Hello,

I have been away to  :). She is now sleeping sometimes in the afternoon 1,5 and sometimes she doesn't. So it's changing a bit but we are not there yet.

I Put her now in the morning at 10.00 in bed and in the afternoon at 2.30.

But i'm having now night wakenings and i don't no why?  What doe you mean by medicating her? I don't see teeths come through but i really don't now, this is my firtst baby.

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2014, 20:12:12 pm »
Hi Mary,

Great news about the longer nap, guess it's getting there isn't it? How is she at those night wakings? Is she easy to settle for example? Could you remind me how old she is now and post what your easy looks like now too?

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2014, 19:19:47 pm »
Hello Kellyjs,

Our schedule is;

7.oo/7.30 awake
7.45 eat solids
9.00 fruit
10.00 sleep

12.30 milk and bread
14.00/14.30 sleep

16.45 supper

19.00/19.15 bedtime, so this depends how she naps, sometime it is 18,30/18,15

The naps where going okay for some days, but now I have a new problem.

She sleeps sometimes till 8,15, then she doesn't want to sleep in the morning. So i put her to sleep at 12.00 but she again only slept like 1, 15 minutes, I had to try a catnap at four, before she did not want to sleep, but also at 4 she did refused to sleep.

So I put her in her bed at 18,15 she clearly was overtired, but is she sleeps longer I don't now what to do? Do you have advice on this? Is this meaning she only wants to do 1 nap? But why sleep only one hour that is really not enough. She did turn 9 months this week.

She sometimes wakes up crying in the night and cries long, I think it anxiety, because she still doesn't have teeth. I pick her up now because otherwise she cries for 2 hours  :o. We lay her in our bed till she is relax, but not sleeping and then bring her back. You think this is smart to do, we are afraid she will get used on the other hand she does not do this every day. But also she doesn't go to sleep she never did the before.

Hope you can help.  :)

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2014, 06:30:04 am »
Hi Mary,

Firstly, congratulations on the longer nap and a couple of lie-ins! I would love a 8.15 wu!!!

Personally I've never let DD lie-in for the sake of our routine but it is a personal choice. If your happy to let her wu later especially after a yucky night, I would continue to do so, but just shift the whole day forward and keep the same A length. You did exactly the right thing about an EBT when she refused that nap.

Those WU's at night are a little rubbish aZthough. Do you think she's in pain with teeth at all? I know you said she hasn't got any yet, so she could be expecting some. Could you try medicating her with some baby ibuprofen to see if that helps?

If you're happy to have her in your bed for a while that's ok, as long as it doesn't become a prop. I have always been very strict about trying to settle DD in her own cot. I use ss/pat and try to relax her as much as possible then gradually withdraw. 9mo is a funny age.. We had these NW's where she was very difficult to settle too. If it helps it did pass within a week or two. I think it was developmental at the time. Any new skills emerging? Crawling etc?

With regards to your routine.. Does she always sleep 1hr 15 mins in the morning or was that just when you out her to bed at 12 after the 8.15 wu?

I think this link might help you.. I don't think she's ready for one nap at all yet, but she could be starting to go that way a little early like mine. Please remember the transition to one nap takes a long time, unfortunately it does mean the routine needs a bit of playing around with again I think.

10/11 month old sleep gone wonky? Read this first!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 06:40:09 am by Kellyjs »

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2014, 09:31:32 am »
Hi Kellyjs,

Thank you, but the naps only happend a few times  :-\.
I let her sleep till 8,15 because we had very strange days. She refuses to sleep in the morning, then she only slept like 1 hour in the afternoon so she is really tired, then she also cried in the night, that why she slept till 8,15. This only happend 2 times.

Today she woke up at 7,15 but she doesn't want to sleep at 10.15, also not at 11.00  ???. I hope she will do one long nap. Do you now what I can do, I seems like she goes to one nap?

The night wakenings does not happen every day, maybe like 3 times a week, this is the second week it happend, I hope it will go away soon. Still no teeth, I don't now if i can give her medication because she does not do it every day.

Her development is very quick I think, She can already sit, crawl and stand (7 months, she Begin with it) she only has to walk. She stands around the table with one hand, and makes some steps around the table. Since one week she only wants to stand, doesn't sit anymore. So not really a new skill, but she became better in her skills this week. Hope you understand me :D.

What is the best time for one nap, to bring her to bed, how long awake time? It's is now 4 hours later and she is crying , but i am afraid she Will again sleep for hour 1 the hole day. I will put her in her bed at 12.00, so awake this morning at 7,15, did refuse sleep at 10,15 and 11.00, we give her solids at 11,30 and then bring her to bed at 12.00. You think that is good?

So I am lost now at the moment don't now what to do at what time? She is also a baby that doesn't show good that she is sleepy.

What do you think? I really try to 2 naps but this doesn't work.

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2014, 11:12:51 am »
Hai Kellyjs,

She only slept 45 minutes at 12.00?  :o

I this normal?

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2014, 12:25:41 pm »
I think the NW sounds developmental tbh. As you said, if she's learning her new skills quickly it won't be long until she's walking. Of course I understand what you mean! We had it here too.. It's like they want to keep doing their new skill over and over don't they?! You'd think it'll tire them out more  :o

That 45mins nap might be OT today dyt? Considering she normally will sleep 1hr 15mins after a 8.15 wu. Either that or there is definitely some discomfort going on that stopped her going to  the next sleep cycle. Could she have been hungry at all? Sorry, just read that you fed her solids, so scrap that.

If she woke at 12.45pm today, I would try for another nap at 3.30 perhaps? Otherwise that's going to be a very long A to bed. It's a hard one to judge as mine could do a full A on 45mins sleep some prefer a bit less after a short nap. I have a feeling yours is more like mine.

She's 9mo old now isn't she? Mine was doing 4hrs A in the morning about that time. Do you want to try 3hrs 45mins A tomorrow and see if that works? It might not though. I think you'll have to try and find the right A for her in the morning to get the longer nap, then if she does refuse the later shorter pm nap, then you could just do EBT. I know you originally wanted it to be the other way round but I think she might be preferring this way!

In order to get to one nap, you would ideally need at least 5hrs A in the morning to get a reasonable length nap, then it's not too long to BT. The problem is, the more you push out the morning A the more chance there is of OT settling in and thus making BT/NW worse. I really, really don't think you're quite there yet, but she probably will transition to one nap earlier than most lo's.

I think if we concentrate on getting that first A right to get a longer first nap, it will make the eventual transition to one nap easier for you both in the long run. She really needs to learn to take longer naps first.

D you have a wind down routine before nap time? It might be an idea to extend that slightly considering she's so mobile and things are obviously changing so much for her at the moment. For example, now my DD knows nap time is after lunch as it's the same every day. We then change her nappy, read a story then it's in bed. I had to start doing a longer wind down as she was too busy charging around the place and never gave me any sleepy signals either!  ::) now when we are reading our story, she automatically starts rubbing her eyes knowing sleep time is coming.

Tomorrow morning I would try the 3hrs 45mins A and do w2s at the 30mims point to see if that helps lengthen the nap. If not, I would increase it to. 4 hrs the next day and hold it for around a week and work on the w2s to lengthen the nap. I really doubt she'd need much more than 4hrs first thing to get a long nap in, but I guess we'll see.

9mo was a really tricky time for us too, so you're not alone.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 12:29:30 pm by Kellyjs »

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2014, 13:54:54 pm »
Hai

But she did have today 4,45 a time and only sleep 40 minuten. At 3 she refused sleeping at 3,30 asli refused sleeping. She never did this is this normal? Only 40 minuten?

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2014, 17:55:28 pm »
We just need to find the right A times for her and kind of 'set' them into her body clock iykwim? I managed to do this with DD until she started playing around at BT too much and the day got too long. For her, the day was too long on two naps and that caused her to be OT. That's when I knew I had to drop to one nap.

There's definitely something at play at the moment with yours. Perhaps a wonder week or something? See how she sleeps tonight. If it's a good 12hrs or so with minimal NW's see how long you're comfortable with pushing her in the morning. I wouldn't go much over 4hrs at this point or else you'll definitely not have time for a CN later on.

Hope you managed to get an EBT in?

Don't worry too much about what's normal and what's not. I don't think there is actually a 'normal' LO! As long as you give her the opportunity to catch up on missed sleep, you're doing the best you can for her.

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2014, 18:10:43 pm »
I did Bring her to bed at six, she immediately fall a sleep.
I worry more About a exhausting day for here and me, if she sleeps this many. Okay, i try tomorrow 4 hours let hope its only one day.

What is a wonder week? And wich time for a catnap?

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2014, 18:37:15 pm »
Google the wonder weeks for babies and loads of info should come up. I was a little dubious at first, but the idea is that babies go through periods of leaps in their development. The websites should help you find out if she's in one. It goes by the lo's due date rather than birth date.

During these wonder weeks, sleep can be thrown off, they can be extra grumpy or clingy. Then following it, new skills emerge. It's actually quite amazing when you track it and notice they are in one.

Babies are quite resilient. More than we think! Don't worry too much, soon we'll get her A times right one way or another then hopefully it'll all settle down and you can get some you time too.

I was thinking perhaps:

Wu 7.15am
A 4hrs
S 11.15 - 12.45 (hopefully. Do w2s at 30mins into nap)
A 3hrs 30mins
S 4.15-5 (short nap)
A 2hrs 45mins - 3 hrs
S 8

As she refused the CN earlier at 3.5hrs, this might be a little ambitious but I'd persevere and keep putting her down at this time. Hopefully she'll learn it's time to sleep. Also, if she's happy to be left there playing around, try and leave her as long as possible so at least she gets some quiet time. You never know, she may drop off. If not, get her up and do EBT as you did today. I think the idea is to try and create some consistency to see if that will help her settle into a pattern of when she's expected to sleep. That's what I had to do in the end. It took about a week I think, but then she did start to go to sleep easier for that CN.

As you can see from the above your day will start to get longer now if she does finally start to take a decent nap. Even if you get the 1hr 15mins nap you were getting before, that's fine.

What do you think?

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2014, 20:30:29 pm »
I Will try but i feel that sleeping between 4 and bedtime is very difficult for her. She normally is never tired around that time. Normally she is more tired in the morning. But now she is not so i Will try and See what happens. Is IT possible she Will only sleep a hour a day? That she Will change and only sleep like that?

Oh i know now what you mean by wonder weeks. I never had the feeling that it was something she did. But you never know.

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2014, 06:23:54 am »
Some babies do only sleep an hour a day and are just fine! But I think yours will lengthen if we find the right times for her.

Good luck today, let me know how it goes.