Author Topic: How long to bf for each time?  (Read 2772 times)

Offline 1stimer

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 19
Re: How long to bf for each time?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2014, 21:06:56 pm »
So C is only getting 1.45 to MAYBE 2.15 hrs a night at a time and he will be 6 weeks this sunday. Should I try doing dreamfeeds?  With dd by the time I discovered baby whisperer she was on bottles and dreamfeeds were the greatest thing ever. I'm just not so sure it will work with C being EBF.  I'm trying to find my book bit we recently moved and we still have boxes packed!!!

[/url]

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2014, 10:25:32 am »
When could you do a DF if he is waking so soon after the last feed do you think? Have you tried resettling without feeding at all?
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline weaver

• Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2014, 18:45:44 pm »
Are you cluster feeding in the evening?  I clusterfed and also DF both LOs.  FYI, with LO1 we did DF with a bottle of EBM for first 5 months and then moved to DF without a bottle, no problem.  LO2 refused all bottles so she did DF with no bottles throughout.  Perfectly doable, and a bit easier than bottles, I think.  May even have helped me sleep better :)
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

Offline 1stimer

• Showing Appreciation 19
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2014, 01:58:08 am »
Oh my the cluster feeding is out of control!!! I guess it's par for the course since you mentioned it!! His nightly schedule is pretty varied right now..I probably should call it a schedule but I guess I'll just do his dream feed before I crawl into bed?

[/url]