Author Topic: Any bedtime routine suggestions for 1 year old  (Read 826 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Any bedtime routine suggestions for 1 year old
« on: July 01, 2014, 15:35:56 pm »
My lo just turned one and currently is still having a nighttime bottle. As of now we have a bath then into pjs and I feed him a bottle in the rocker in is room and then put him to bed. He's usually tired and cranky he cries during changing and while waiting for his bottle. I'm looking for a different bedtime routine as we introduce milk in a sippy instead. I try reading books but he's fussy and just wants his bottle. Any suggestions. Thanks so much

Offline lolsyb1982

• Showing Appreciation 34
Re: Any bedtime routine suggestions for 1 year old
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 15:41:05 pm »
Could you do milk in a sippy before his bath?
Lauren

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 16:25:29 pm »
^^^I'd suggest this too.  It's important he gets his teeth cleaned after milk and before bed so if it were me I'd do milk, followed by teeth, bath, stories and cuddle then bed x

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 17:35:14 pm »
If you are concerned that you will lose your BT cuddles or that he won't settle well for Bt without the bottle perhaps a look through this thread may help
morning bottle still needed?
I describe how I made the switch to a pre bath supper (solids sack) with sippy of milk in less than 2 weeks with no tears and no distrubed nights or BTs at all (and it follows Happy 's journey as she switched for her LO).

WRT the actual routine after bath I would continue to sit in the chair for a cuddle as that what you are already doing. IMO there doesn't *need* to be anything else, it's a few minutes of closeness and calm before sleep. You don't *have to* have books and some LOs find that too stimulating or fuss because they want to get to bed as they are ready for sleep (my DS would hurry the routine along to get into his bed).  We do books before bath time, after bath it's just PJs, cuddle during 1 song on a CD and into bed.  Books at BT might be more welcome when he's older for instance.