Author Topic: Unsettled for the first two hours at BT  (Read 1325 times)

Offline Florena49

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 27
« on: July 02, 2014, 18:30:29 pm »

Uh i reckon a routine tweak but not sure where, this has only been going on for 4-5 days and coincided with our trip abroad to see grandparents.
Basically it seems that he is wanting more A time, so today for example looked like this

6.20 wu
10.45 nap-12.20    4.25
3.50-4.10.               3.30
7.30BT 3.20A

He was lying in his cot for ages until i come up and started saying the sleepy phrase so he got comfy on his side and went to sleep, then woke 20 min later!and after that every 20-40 min, so at around 9 i fed him and took him into my bed and he settled, this has been happening for 4-5 days. Is it the new environment or is the silly catnap messing things up?
He did the same thing for his first nap, woke at 20 min and then unsettled until 40 then i resettled. I thought discomfort but i have him ibuprofen and that didnt make any difference at all.
Could this be UT?

Viktoria

Mum to Oskar 25/10/2013 and Maksim 19/07/2015

Offline Kellyjs

• Showing Appreciation 80
Re: Unsettled for the first two hours at BT
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 18:54:17 pm »
Hey Viktoria,

As it's been going on over 3 days, I would think it's a routine issue rather than discomfort tbh. I've made that mistake before thinking that those WU's were teething related and they weren't!! The first nap wu's are concerning though aren't they?

But your LO is so little it's hard isn't it? For us, when we were playing around with the CN we had issues with her taking a long time to fall asleep at BT. I chopped it down to 15mins and it righted itself for around a week. Then, however when we transitioned to one nap, the faffing about taking up to 30mins to go to sleep turned out to be OT not UT! Took a while for me to figure this out.

Not sure this'll help much, but just explaining what I've been through considering yours likes a long first A too.

Offline Florena49

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 19:00:51 pm »
I kind of ruled out discomfort, its just the first thing that u look at i suppose because it can be eliminated.
Because he needs a long A time to get any sort of nap in am sometime i do wonder if he is OT, but I have tried cutting back his A time and we get 35-40 min naps. I think its trying to figure out what a time works after the 20 min catnap really, he is grouchy anyway because he doesnt like being woken up at all and he generally deals with OT so well so its not easy to figure out when to put him to sleep.
Viktoria

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 19:11:05 pm »
That unsettledness would suggest OT at BT to me....when we were on similar first and second A times to you we'd have had a longer catnap (up to 45 mins) but then only 2-2.5h A to bed.  I think we worked on aiming for around 10h total A time.  Might be worth considering? 

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 19:13:52 pm »
I forgot about that, thanks for reminding me Katherine.. Yep, we only had a 2.5-2.75 hr before BT when we were on 15/20mins CN. Might be worth trying and see what happens?

ETA- Just looked over my other notes... We were doing 4.5hr A for 1.5hr nap, then 3.5hr A for 20mins, then 2.5hr A to bed at your LO's age xx
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 19:18:26 pm by Kellyjs »

Offline Florena49

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 19:15:50 pm »
Ill certainly give it a go, i have to apop his second nap though so its hit and miss when he falls asleep in the pram. My feeling was OT too really just strange because only been going on for a few days. Before that we just had the silly 40 min waking at BT but easily resettled.
Viktoria

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 19:20:25 pm »
I'm a thinking you'll be joining us on the 2-1 thread soon then hun   ;). Yours sounds just like mine!!

Offline Florena49

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 19:32:37 pm »
Uh, i just want to hang on to two naps for aslong as possible because it is easier to get out of the house without the silly naps in the car. We can always go after his first nap and he will have his pm one in the car.
With one nap im not sure what i would do as he falls asleep so easily in the car. Ill head over to the thread a bit later
Viktoria

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 19:38:40 pm »
Tell me about it! I had the same thoughts as you, then the playing around at BT got on my nerves! In the end I voted for longer nights and a longer nap so at least I can sit out in the sunshine for 2-2.5hrs and have my evening back  ;) selfish, I know!! But it did mean more total sleep for her in the end... Xx