Author Topic: Crying in the night  (Read 1346 times)

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 05, 2014, 17:08:24 pm »
Hello,

My  baby is 9 months old, she normaly did sleep good at night. But suddenly she wake up and starts crying for 1 hour or longer, then sleep a little bit and start again. We are so tired... :(

Before I give her a soother and she went to sleep. She maybe woke up 3 or 4 times, this was when she was like 7 month, then she started sleeping trough the night, from 7 til 7.30. This when she was almost 8 months.
Then she started waking up early and we bought new shutter for our windows so it is really dark, she started sleeping better, from 7 till 7.

But now she suddenly starts crying in night, i give her a soother but she still cries. I don't now what to do. If i pick her up she is quiet, also if we bring her to our room, but if we put her back she start crying aging. She never did this before. She always goes to sleep by her self again.

She doesn't sleep much in the day, only 45 minutes in the morning and 45 in the afternoon, sometimes she does 1,5 hour in the afternoon, i did make her awake time longer and i put her now for 2 naps, at 10.00am and at 2,30 pm.  Im still trying to get better naps. I its going better the last week.

So i don't think she sleep too much. I hope somebody can help me. She is never been a good sleeper but only in the daytime. I the night she always slept good, in the beginning she ofcourse got her feed every 3 hours and then she slept.

Please, help :-*

I forgot to say that we always have a sleep routine, we say good night to her stuffed animals read a book and give her her milk then she goes to sleep by 7,15 for the night. The last six week she also eats less then before, i don't now why.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 17:11:59 pm by mary12 »

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: Crying in the night
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 10:59:30 am »
Hi Mary,

Could she be teething at all? Does it seem like she's in pain or discomfort?

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 13:54:02 pm »
Hello,

I don't now, how do I now if it's theeting?  I don't now if it's pain, but usually she doesn't cry this long in the night and if i pick her up she is quiet. I must say she did sleep good the last three days, we didn't hear her at all.

I don't have any idea what it is,  because if it where here teeth wouldn't they have come out now? She has nothing yet? I must say she was not happy today, she is crying, and the last week she was also not that happy like usual.

What do you think anxiety or teeth? She doesn't show anxiety through the day, she likes everbody and laugh a lot to other people she never cries when she sees a stranger.

Offline gb18

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 21:00:38 pm »
Hi Mary. I am no expert by far but it sounds like teething to me. Have u tried giving medication?

Could be OT I guess from short naps but if your lo has sttn on those naps before then I guess that's less likely.

Might just be having an unsettled week or two, perhaps developmental. Hopefully your lo is a bit more settled soon

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 19:08:15 pm »
Oh what kind of medication you give? I think it is anxiety. But what can i do?

Offline gb18

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 14:21:08 pm »
I tend to give calpol and a teething gel on the teeth. At least u know that pain is not an issue then even if they still wake. R there signs of anxiety through the day as well?

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 13:09:39 pm »
Hello,

sorry for my late reaction, no i really don't see sign of anxiety through the day, she only cries to pick her up if i am in the kitchen, she wants me to pick her up but i don't know if that is anxiety ?

I really don't know what it is?  Anybody