Author Topic: Routine for 10mo  (Read 785 times)

Offline deliriouscow

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Routine for 10mo
« on: July 06, 2014, 11:23:41 am »
Baby is 10.5 months. Here's where we were before we went on holiday, roughly.

0430-0600 Wake up. BF on waking. Put back in cot if before 0530. She rarely goes back to sleep though. Out of bed for day no earlier than 0530
0700 breakfast
0900 - 1045 first nap (I don't wake her from this)
1130 lunch
1415 - 1530 second nap (I always wake at 1530)
1730  evening meal
1820  BF
1830 bed time

She also generally BFs before naps although she self settles rather than feeding to sleep.

EWs definitely need some work! She rarely seems OT so I think it's time to start transition.

Any tips? She cries on waking for the day and wants BFed. It's really difficult to push this back. If I extend her morning A time will that am feed naturally begin to move later? I figure the pm nap will get shorter as the am nap gets later.

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Routine for 10mo
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 19:47:49 pm »
Have you read this? 10/11 month old sleep gone wonky? Read this first!

I think if EWs are a problem the usual recommendation is to start pushing out and capping the morning nap rather than the afternoon one.  However if you want to keep the morning nap as the long one I would try just pushing that one forwards by 15 mins every few days and then hopefully the morning WU time will follow :)

With bf in the morning, it's really up to you.  If it buys you an extra couple of hours of sleep I'd say just go with it, but if she rarely resettles I'd probably just hold out until 'official' WU time.  That's just me though.  I would have thought if you get the routine ironed out a bit she may just naturally stop waking at that time anyway.  And if not you could tackle it then.