Author Topic: Finger food problems...  (Read 1542 times)

Offline Missxiii

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 08, 2014, 18:33:11 pm »
My LO 13 (13 months old) has recently started to refuse the spoon. She now has her molars and only wants finger foods, but seems to eat VERY little.  So shorty after she is hungry and will only take a bottle. I feel like her solid intake has decreased while her milk intake has increased. Any advise?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Finger food problems...
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 20:01:09 pm »
Only thing I would say is don't worry or make it an issue, it may be LO has a sore mouth and milk is more soothing! My DS now 26 months can go right of good when teeth are nothing him, last month all he wanted was milk in his cup and only a couple of spoons of breaki, I noticed a molar peeping and after a few days he was back on food!

Just keep offering the food, maybe try a fork my DS loved the novelty of one!
Are you offering milk in a cup yet?x
Zoe

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Finger food problems...
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 21:11:39 pm »
Appetites seem to drop around 1yo, I remember being concerned that my DS ate less around that time too. But also as Zoe said, teething would make eating very painful. My DS like hard foods to chomp on like bread sticks as it gave him some pain relief.
How about giving her the spoon? Or a fork?

Going to move you over to eating for toddlers as LO is over 1yo now.
x

Offline BeeAnn

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 10:12:14 am »
Just wanted to agree with creations - my DD seemed to eat very little between about 13 and 15.5 months and then suddenly started eating a lot again.  Didn't seem to harm her so try not to worry too much!

Offline Missxiii

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 15:54:15 pm »
Thanks for the advise. She drinks water from the zippy cup, but refuses everything else. I've even tried juice in the cup but she won't drink it, or milk. I give her the spoon, but is more of a mess that what she eats. I've tried the fork and that helps her eat a bit more, but not much. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens. I'll keep you posted. Thanks