Author Topic: 6month old waking every 2hours or so at night -new phase  (Read 878 times)

Offline A pair of Charlies

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 192
6month old waking every 2hours or so at night -new phase
« on: July 08, 2014, 22:19:56 pm »
Hello

Not sure if I am posting in the correct place, but here goes.

DD is 5m 3w old. Never been a great sleeper but up until 5 months had been sleeping a respectable stint of at least 6 to 8 hours a night. Usually from 8pm ish thought to 4am, when she would be popped in bed with me and could graze til 7am wake up time.

I know. Not ideal.

So. In past a few weeks she has cracked independent sleep, moved into a cot. She has learnt to roll over and started solids 4 days ago (both same day). In the past few weeks her night sleep has got progressively worse and worse. She slept though til 6 am one day, then 5ish the next, then 4 am, then 3 am the next night. All understandable and manageable... Next time earlier still and so it went. In the past week she has a been waking every two hours, usually from midnight but for 2 nights the waking started from bedtime onwards.

Easy. A a loose 4 hour easy with a wake up between 7 and 8 am. The 4hour easy is for bfeeding but when it comes to A times she runs very low. Naps unpredictable success but usually manage 3 hours day sleep....the school run messes it up most of the time, and errands generally. In previous months I drover or pushed her around to get naps in the bag, but in fairness she has always struggled with day sleep.

Any ideas on why the 2 h wakings all night? I had been breast feeding each time thinking she was Hungry, but not convinced she is that hungry (not that interested in day feeds at the mo). Last time I sat with her helping her back to sleep when she woke the second time. She was tiredness, drifting off but just not getting into deep sleep...fed her in bed with me at 5am and she fed off and on til 8am.

Could it be A times that need a big push? Do you think the NW could be A time related?

Thanks in advance of any help at all!

Lotta x
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 10:13:38 am by A pair of Charlies »

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: 6month old waking every 2hours or so at night -new phase
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 01:43:26 am »
Hi there, it sure it sounds like a GS to me but I see you said he doesn't seem that interested in eating. Why don't you try the A push and see what you get?

Maryn

[/url]