Author Topic: Changes in night time waking - how to stick to day routine??  (Read 1117 times)

Offline MeghaW

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
My little one is 3mos old and gradually extending her nighttime wakings. She used to wake at 3am then recently 4am and today at 530am! Which is great but I wasn't sure how to stick to the routine. Her normal wake time is around 7am which is also her first feed of the day. But today because she woke up at 530 she was starving and had a full feed then and would not go back to sleep. She was then tired at 715am and just went down for a nap. So now I'm wondering how to stick to the routine of 7.10.1.4,7. ( I'm happy she extended the 4am wake up but don't know what to do for the new routine! Please help!!

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: Changes in night time waking - how to stick to day routine??
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 10:23:53 am »
Hi there,

Would you be able to post your daytime routine, her EAS?

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline eyenosquat

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Changes in night time waking - how to stick to day routine??
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 14:04:28 pm »
I would also like to know what to do about this. We have a 2-month old.
We dream feed at around 11, then she wakes up at 4... do i feed her? (I have been, and putting her right back down to sleep). Or should we be trying to soothe her some other way (if so, what other ways?).

But then she wakes up at 6:30... do I feed her at 6:30? or do I make her wait until 7am?

If a baby wakes early from a nap, say half hour to an hour, and they can wait to eat at the 3-hour, what happens to the next nap? (since they'll have been up longer prior to the meal).