Author Topic: Wake baby in morning?  (Read 1013 times)

Offline Nickie18

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Wake baby in morning?
« on: July 10, 2014, 04:54:21 am »
My 15 week old is now on 3/3.5 hour EASY depending on her naps. She goes to bed at 8pm, usually wakes once for feeding, and then sleeps til we usually wake her at 7:30am to start the day. We wake her at this time due to big brother, but I am concerned that if she is still sleeping at 7:30am, maybe we should let her sleep until she wakes to get a full sleep in? My DH thinks she naps better when we wake her but I am not convinced. I really do not know how long she would sleep if we did not wake her. SHe does occasionally wake up around 7am and sometimes her one night feed can be very close to wake up time...

Any ideas?

Offline Kellyjs

• Showing Appreciation 80
Re: Wake baby in morning?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 11:46:05 am »
Hi Nickie,

I think it's a personal thing. I've always woken DD (who happens to be an Olivia too!) right from around 2mo I think. But that's just me, I like a routine! I've seen many on here who like to keep it flexible so they can have a lie in, but that's never really happened here anyway.

In the  early days I used to wake her around 7.30 at the latest, unfortunately with the 3-2 transition that became 7, then with the 2-1 came 6.30  ::). I have obviously explained now I'm not working, 7 is a more reasonable wu time but she's not having any of it!!   ;)

Hth x

Offline Nickie18

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 15:52:06 pm »
It's a great name!

Of course today she woke at 7am, but almost always waking her up. I was of the thinking to let her sleep until 8 am as it will likely get shorter with less naps, so maybe we will try that. Our DS1 we woke early so I could see him before work and he never gets up any later...

Offline Shdef

• Showing Appreciation 419
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 17:10:55 pm »
For us, it depends on the daytime routine. Joey likes to sleep long, especially after a restless night. But when I have to get Scotty up and ready for school, Joey has to be up, too. Now, on the holidays, I am enjoying the 8.30 am wake-ups, especially since Scotty has always been an early riser and he isn't here now.

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 17:53:12 pm »
Oh Steffi, 8.30am?! That's amazing! I would love that sort if wu in the morning  :)

Offline Shdef

• Showing Appreciation 419
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 20:57:46 pm »
Don't be jealous! DS1 has had 8 years of EW. 5-6am.

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 07:01:05 am »
Well deserved then hun. DD is an early riser too.. Maybe there's hope?!

Offline Nickie18

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 21:48:28 pm »
Yikes! I JINXED myself! As soon as I posted this, she started waking at 6:45! Haven't had to wake her yet... I think she needs a EASY schedule change so we will try that- her A seems to be elongating and she is waking for her NF earlier every night. Geez already changing again...

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 06:48:49 am »
Oh dear Nickie, IME the routine constantly needs tweaking! I don't think it ever stops! If it's not one thing it's another... For example, I've had to wake DD the last two mornings! That's not happened for a long while. X