Author Topic: Nearly 7 mo EASY and EW  (Read 895 times)

Offline Bex09

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 69
  • My world xx
Nearly 7 mo EASY and EW
« on: July 09, 2014, 09:18:45 am »
I posted a while ago on GS about DS's EW and got the opinions that our Easy was fine and to APOP to get to a decent wake time. So I have carried on with this fine, but now the EW are getting worse and harder to get him back to sleep. So last night he had a 10 hr night but was up and happy chatting at 6am. Now he is shattered today and grumpy with it! If I post our Easy it would be great if anyone can see what might be causing the EW. This was yesterday...

Wu 7.30 (APd from 4.30!)
E 7.45 milk  8.30 breakfast
A 3 hrs 10
S 10.40-12.10
E 12.15 milk  1.30 lunch
A 3 hrs 10
S 3.20- 4.40
E 4.45 milk   5.30 dinner
A 3h 20
E 7.45 milk
DF 11.30
S 8.00 (woke at 6am today)

DS goes to sleep independently unless he is ill or OT and he doesn't really wake in the night or ever wake from naps early. So I am just at a loss as to what is causing these EW. Maybe he only needs a 10 hr night although I doubt that because he is so tired today because of it. It can't be developmental as it has lasted for three weeks or more now. DS was weaned early at 5 mo on Dr's advice because of problems with constipation and weight loss due to little interest in his milk. This is sorted now he is on solids though and he loves his food! Any ideas greatly received ladies thanks.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 09:21:36 am by Bex09 »

Offline Bex09

• My world xx
Re: Nearly 7 mo EASY and EW
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 05:18:35 am »
So last night followed the same patter of asleep at 8pm and awake and chatting at 6am. I had to APOP a catnap yesterday because a) the day was so long and b) he was so tired he was in meltdown by tea time. Completely unlike him to be so grumpy so he was obviously tired all day. Any ideas?

Offline Bex09

• My world xx
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 03:52:39 am »
Anyone got any ideas please? Today's wu has been 4am after an early BT!

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 12:15:10 pm »
Hi hun sorry we missed you so far.  What was yesterday's EASY with the CN?

I agree his EASY looks pretty good really though  :-\ I presume you've covered all the obvious reasons to be waking early like hunger, cold/heat, light, noise?  What about teeth? 

He's an independent sleeper?

If yes to all the above, I think I'd first try ruling out OT by trying a shorter last A time for a while.  If no joy with that, he may actually be lowish sleep needs and you might need to do less day sleep?

Offline Shdef

• Showing Appreciation 419
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 17:17:02 pm »
DS is the same age and I find if he has as much day sleep as your LO, we get undertired EW and restless sleep from 5am onwards. :(

He is best on 2-2.5 hours day sleep, no more and then will have 8pm - 8.30 am nightsleep. With a DF and one one NF at 5ish.