Author Topic: Can I continue to exclusively breast feed without pumping at work?  (Read 2645 times)

Offline Honeymonster

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Can I continue to exclusively breast feed without pumping at work?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2014, 19:52:42 pm »
This is interesting Siobhan. It sounds like it worked well for you. I think it must be a girl thing as my DD is also a very distracted feeder and supposedly I was the same. if theres anyone talking or nearby she pulls off to look. im having to express and feed a bottle when out as its a nightmare to get her to take a feed and i end up sitting with boobs on show as she keeps pulling off to look at something!Currently the 11am feed is probably her biggest apart from bedtime as she isn't taking much in the morning at all. I really need to get her to be a bit hungrier for the first feed in order that I can do this one before i go. I'm not sure the solution. when i try to dream feed she still seems to wake just as much to be fed in the night and still isnt very hungry in the morning.

Today she seemed ridiculously hungry all day though.. may just be a one off but if it keeps up she may be trying to tell me something. today she fed at 8, top up at 9.30 as she'd had a bath so was hungry, 12, 1.30, 3, 6.30 then wouldnt go to bed so fed again and she was hitting me getting annoyed as she wasnt getting enough so i heated up some expressed milk and she took another 5.5oz from the bottle! she hasnt had a feeding day like that in ages. i know shes actually hungry as she never nurses for comfort.. goes mad if i offer her when she isnt hungry. it does slightly make me worry what if she was hungry like that and i wasnt around.. its so much easier just whipping ur boob out to see if that whats up or not than heating up a bottle!

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2014, 20:25:42 pm »
Could it be the 6mo growth spurt hitting a little early perhaps?
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline Honeymonster

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2014, 20:31:38 pm »
there's a 6month growth spurt? god they just keep coming dont they :-). she also had two super naps today (not like her). she was 14 days overdue so usually meets these sort of milestones earlyish.. i better get drinking some extra water and get some porridge in me as just used the last of my freezer stash of milk!

Offline *Ali*

• Caught in the act!
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2014, 20:33:19 pm »
Yes, and the 6mo one is normally a biggie ;)

Offline Honeymonster

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2014, 20:49:02 pm »
Ha ha, ok thanks for the heads up. Just when you think ur getting the hang of one thing they throw a curve ball! So is this why loads of people think LO is dying for solids around now.. I've seen people post in forums about their LOs suddenly tanking their full bottles and wanting more and saying they must be ready and begining weaning. Is it related or just another stage we need to get through? Oh well let's see what tonight brings then. :-)

Offline *Ali*

• Caught in the act!
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2014, 20:52:16 pm »
Yes it probably is why people think LOs are ready for solids early but they often just need more milk.

Offline shivi

• Showing Appreciation 177
  • cuddling with my monkeys!
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2014, 23:04:56 pm »
If it's hot where you are it could also be a factor - nursing for thirst is not uncommon in a winterborn baby suddenly at 6 mths (my DD as you can see, was born in winter).

also, another factor could be those feeds getting more and more distracted...so shorter yet more frequent.

S x

Siobhain - Mammy to Oscar and Emma, forever spirited, currently bilingual and curly, formerly baldy, extended breastfeeders!