Author Topic: E.A.S.Y. For 10 week old that won't df?  (Read 945 times)

Offline BabyGeorgia

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 13, 2014, 19:47:55 pm »
My beautiful dd turned 10 weeks old on Friday & is generally being quite a little star on E.A.S.Y. She feeds well and is staying awake for increasingly long amounts of time between feeding and sleeping. I feel very fortunate as she currently goes to bed at about 8.30pm and doesn't wake for a feed until 5am.

My question is regarding "tanking up", as dd has been unable to take a df, and now also seems to be dropping her cluster feed. I'm concerned that my happy long sleep will disappear if I don't try to enforce some kind of cluster feed!! However,  she gets upset/fussy if I keep offering her my breast in the evening and simply wants to go to bed. She has definitely lost the urgency and frequency of wanting cluster feeding in the evening.

I was wondering if there was a schedule I could try to follow for babies on EASY who don't df? Is it normal to lose the cluster feed at 10 weeks and does this affect night sleeping? I don't want to try and force her to feed if she doesn't want to or need to.

Dd has been on EASY since day one and has been pretty textbook/Angel (don't want to jinx myself! ).

I also have a toddler, so although my baby follows the correct order of EASY, and roughly the right timings,  it's difficult to put an exact routine in place until the afternoons when we are all home.

All thoughts very welcome :-)

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: E.A.S.Y. For 10 week old that won't df?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 07:48:51 am »
I never did a DF and just fed when LO woke at night.  She also stopped her natural cluster feeding at around that age but continued to do a decent stretch at night.  So rather than a DF we had a night feed somewhere around 3/4/5am and then just started the day as normal when LO woke :)

Offline BabyGeorgia

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 18:15:10 pm »
Thank you,  that's reassuring to know about them dropping the cluster feed.

Can I ask what then happens in terms of feeding times in the afternoon and evening? Do you just feed every three or four hours as you have been throughout the day? Do you try and ensure they have a larger feed just before bedtime?

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 18:26:52 pm »
You can do feeds at 7/10/1/4/7 (adjust times to suit you) if LO is happy with that, or you might want to squeeze in an extra one somewhere in the evening if LO will take it.  DS is a bit younger (6 weeks) but today he did 7/10/1/3.30/6/7 - those last two were really close together but he was happy to feed both times.  He only feeds single sided but with DD I used to make sure after she'd finished on one side I would sit her up to burp her then offer the other side to encourage her to take as much as possible.  Just follow your LOs lead really - it sounds like you've got a good nighttime sleeper!