Author Topic: Increasing Activity time affecting usual EASY schedule - particularly Eating  (Read 1005 times)

Offline hbfm

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0

My son is 7.5 months and has been a textbook EASY baby since 3 months old. I have been religiously following the book and gradually increasing his Activity time since he hit 6 months old. His activity time is now 3.5 hours during the day. My question to the forum is how do you keep to your feeding times when your bubba starts increasing his activity time? He feeds every 4 hours since 4 months old and I have been continuing to do so since then.

He generally has 2 naps during the day and I have read from the forum and book that the day naps should shorten as he gets older. Do the experienced moms out there have any advice for a baby that used to sleep 2 lots of 1.5 hr naps during the day and is now transitioning to 1 short nap and 1 long nap - what should the transition look like? Short morning nap and long mid day nap..?

not sure if it makes a difference but he is EBF and recently started solids.

Any advice would be great!

Typical EASY for my son
Est Times      Details
6.30 am       Wake, breastfeed
6.45-8.00am       Change nappy/Play/Tummy time
8-8.45am      Breakfast
8.45-9.30      Floor time play
9.30-11am      Morning nap (if he sleeps for only 45mins, adjust the schedule so he sleeps for 1.5 hour after lunch.

11am         Feed/bottle/Play
12.15-1pm      Lunch
3/3.30-4/4.15pm   Afternoon nap   (45-60min sleep cycle, if he slept for 45 mins in the morning, this will be the longer nap of the day 1.5hr)

4/4.15-4.30-pm   Bottle
5-5.45pm      Dinner
5.45-6.20pm      Play - floor time
6.20pm      Breastfeed
6.30pm      Bath Time
6.40pm      Prepare for bed, Lullaby, Story time may give “top up”
7pm         Bed

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Your day looks good and very Textbook for a 7.5 month old. You are doing well to follow his lead WRT the shortening naps. Many LOs stay on 2 naps past one year and some start to begin the process of getting to 1 nap about now. Generally speaking, you will have a shorter nap in the morning and working towards a longer nap in the morning. If you get nap resistance in the PM you may need to shorten the morning nap 15 minutes at a time to preserve the PM nap and keep the day from getting too long. I found at this age that sometimes I would do a top up BF before the nap ( making an effort here to keep her dozing off!) or a snack, depending on where you are with solids at what all, just to prevent any hunger contributing to a shorter nap.

Here is the link on the whole 2-1 transition, keeping in mind, this is the VERY beginning of this process! Hope this helps!
From 2 to 1 nap transition (10-12m and older)

Maryn

[/url]