Author Topic: 3.5hr EASY but only 45min napper  (Read 987 times)

Offline Adelheid

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
3.5hr EASY but only 45min napper
« on: July 14, 2014, 12:07:58 pm »
So I've been transitioning to a 3.5hr EAS and was wondering how to handle short S time?
These days, my 5mo LO will take 45min naps leaving me with a whole lot of A time. :(
MY EAS rhythm looks like this
E 7:00
A 7-9:30
S 9:30-10:15
A 10:15-10:30
E 10:30
and on and on.

I try to help re-settle him during naps, but rarely seem to quite get it. If I am successful though, his next E is often at the 4hr mark instead of 3.5hr. He still feeds once a night which is also something I am wondering about dropping...

Offline Adelheid

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: 3.5hr EASY but only 45min napper
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 11:13:08 am »
Let Me just add a very frustrated P.S. To that post...
I am trying to of a 3.5 hr EAS but can't seem to get past the 3hr feeding schedule. Baby wakes after his 45min naps and then is nearly impossible to distract him unit the 3.5 hr mark. He's grumpy Bc he didn't sleep enough and I can't walk around the house carrying him for 45min. So, often I'll just give in. If we are out, he will wait up to 4hrs to eat. I try to resettle him during his naps but it only works once in a while.
Also, could it have to do with the fact that he's learning to crawl right now? He gets up on all fours and will scoot forwards or backwards.
And when I do feed him after a short nap he'll start to fall asleep. Do I let him? I haven't Bc I'm trying to maintain the rhythm.
*sigh*

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 01:39:37 am »
Hi! Short naps are the pits! They typically even out around 6 months so hang on! I would note that a NF at this age is totally normal, I am surprised that is all he has actually! Many LOs would have 2, so that's a plus, I should warn you there is a 6 month GS when he may need more. Keeping all this in mind, have a look here and if you need to feed before 3.5 then do it and try not to worry about it. short naps at 3-4 months? Take it easy, it will get better!

I nearly made myself crazy when my DS hit the short naps, you can give W2S a shot, some times it really helps! How do I address habitual wakings? (wake-to-sleep and other methods)

Maryn

[/url]

Offline Adelheid

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 11:22:01 am »
So should I adjust my A time if he has a short nap? How can I stick to EAS routine if he take short naps all day long? I'm finding myself back on a 3hr EAS because he has 2hrs A time and then only a 40 min nap. :(

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 12:22:21 pm »
How about an A time bump? Add on 15 minutes to that first A and see what it gets you. IF that nap is OK, then do the same for the next round. IF less than an hour then take 20 minutes off.

Maryn

[/url]