Author Topic: Please help, first day of EASY but won't take 7am or dream feed  (Read 941 times)

Offline Jodierobin

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Pllease please help! I'm on my first day of following the plan with my little boy who is 4 months old but I've hit a wall already. I fed him at 6:30  last night and he took 7oz, tried to dream feed at 10:30 but he wouldn't take a drop. Woke at his usual 2am took 2oz. I woke him at 6:50 and tried to feed at 7 but he won't take the bottle. He doesn't usually have milk until 8:30 but that's not the routine the book suggests and I need to stop him from doing this as I'm back to work in 12 weeks and he needs to be eating milk before I leave the house! There's nothing in the book about what to do about this so please help

Offline lilisuze

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 46
Re: Please help, first day of EASY but won't take 7am or dream feed
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 07:31:08 am »
Hi Jodie robin....welcome, and don't panic. We'll soon have this sorted. For a first off, some babies don't take to a dreamfeed. And if he is having only 2oz through the night, my thoughts would be that he probably doesn't really need that bottle at all in the night.

can you post what you did yesterday in eas format like this for us:
e:730 5oz
a:
s: 845-955
e:1000 5oz

or whatever you did. It really doesn't matter if a couple of times the e and a went round the wrong way, just so we can see what kind of pattern your lo is on.

be back later, but in the meantime I'm sure some routine gurus will be along!!
Little dude (2008) spirited monkey boy
Little pink (2011) textbook princess

Offline Jodierobin

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 07:48:38 am »
Thank you! Yesterday our day looked like this (I only bought the book yesterday so it's not quite right but this is a standard day for us without implementing the new routine)
A-7:30-8:45
E-8:45 6oz
S-10:00 (15 mins)
E-11:30 5oz
E-12:30 2
A- 2:30 (15 mins)
E-3:20 6.5 oz
E-6:40 7oz

He's a terrible napper hence after the day from hell with sleep yesterday went and got the book. He's really fussing on bottles the last few days too. Last week I thought id sussed it and he was taking 7oz every 3.5 hours but now he's struggling to take 5oz in 45 mins. I thought it was reflux (silent) so tried gaviscon for 2 weeks but no change

Offline lilisuze

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 46
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 13:34:22 pm »
Hey well done. You are doing great. and you've found this place :)

So the napping time is very short. Is he really having 2x15 min naps the whole day? He's banking up milk well in the evening, so maybe really doesn't need the night feed at all. Does he sleep all night other than that one wake-up. You could try subbing the milk for water in his night bottle, and see if he goes back to sleep without a milk feed. If not, then we'll think of something else.

If you just work on your 845am bottle time for now, maybe we can move that as a good EASY becomes established. If he is taking good milk feeds, try not to give another bottle before 3.5 hours (so after 12noon) for the next bottle. The EASY schedule is constantly evolving, so you wont stay at one time for very long, so for now....

try morning bottle, then activity, then a sleep at about 10.30, then if a short sleep, a bit more activity until 12 (ish). then another bottle and so on through the day....does that make sense?
Little dude (2008) spirited monkey boy
Little pink (2011) textbook princess