Author Topic: Can a too short last A time cause EMW? 22 months  (Read 8347 times)

Offline jcsmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • We're in Toronto, Canada
Re: Can a too short last A time cause EMW? 22 months
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2014, 13:23:27 pm »
She slept 2 hours. I fell asleep.I woke her but by 6:30 she wad unraveling so I put down and she was out shortly after 7. Awake 1:20-3:20 but she was upset not chatting. Awake at 6:55 am. So here is where I'm confused. Perhaps her NWs are really OT. She was shattered yesterday. These long NWs started after a few days of short naps/no naps. Or now I am also wondering if it's a prop issue as I've been rocking her. Why dont they come with a manual? Going to keep just letting her nap and see for a few days. Thanks for helping!

Offline jcsmom

• Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2014, 15:40:02 pm »
Well Im back! I tested the OT theory and she is defo UT. Up at 4 an today after a 1.75 nap and a 12.5 hr day yesterday. Her sleep needs have totally dropped. So do I drop the nap and give a catnap? Not cap and give a super long day?I just don't even know! Shes pretty much getting 12-12.5 in 24 right now no matter what I do. I just want to sleep!

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2014, 15:42:33 pm »
Drop it :). Set BT at 12h from ideal WU and ride out the OT xx

Offline jcsmom

• Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2014, 16:58:38 pm »
I'm so scared! But we both need sleep. At 4 am it is cute for about 20 minutes listening to her recite every single word she knows. But listening to her yell "I wants up!!!!!!!" for 2 hours is not cute. She's napping now. Couldn't do a nnd after an 8 hr night. My dh and everyone thinks I just need to do an 8/8:30 bedtime since she is so young. But I think no matter what I do she'll only sleep a certain number of hours. Ugh. Why can't this ever be easy?

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2014, 18:15:18 pm »
It never is, and especially not around nap transition times.  (((Hugs))).  It's even harder when nobody around you gets it ::)

How are you dealing with the super early WUs?

I know it's really hard to push for NNDs after such a short night, but I do think you're going to continue in a bit of a horrible spiral if you keep letting her have a long nap.  I would do everything in your power to keep her in the dark and quiet until a reasonable WU time, say 6/6.30am, push her though without a nap as far as you can.  If she is completely falling apart mid-afternoon then let her have a very quick catnap but then wake her up.  Scary I know, painful I know, but I think it's where you need to go.  Then push to set BT of 6.30pm.  Do the same the next day, and the next. At *some point* she has to crash and go back to sleep in the early morning :)

Have you popped over to the 1-0 thread for a bit more encouragement (and maybe some other ideas?)?