Author Topic: 9.5mo - milestones or routine tweak?  (Read 2994 times)

Offline larren

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: 9.5mo - milestones or routine tweak?
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2014, 23:04:17 pm »
She rarely does her full 1h30m nap, still hovers around 1h15m-1h20m...occasionally shorter, 1h5m. She WU cranky from 1h5m nap, all others she is happy. Her pm CN is almost always difficult but after she has been apop to sleep, she usually does a full 45m. There are days where she goes down for her pm nap on her own. Do you think it would be fine for me to bump her up to 4h A now or should I hold back a little longer?

She will only be ready for one nap when she is able to sustain a 5hr A time, right? ST this young is new to me :) I only began to sleep train LO1 when he was 13mo and at that point, was immediately working on increasing his A for one nap.

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2014, 14:33:15 pm »
If the nap is consistently around 1h15 I'd give the A time a bump.  One nap is possible with about 4.5-5h A time, depending on how long your LO naps.  Some will do something like 4.5h A, 3h nap, 4.5-5h A if they are good nappers but others will need to be awake longer to make it work.

Offline larren

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 02:37:48 am »
I have since bumped her up to 4hrs but it's making her day rather long. Ideally, she should have a 12hr day and 12hr night, right? We are going away from APOP and fixing it with WI/WO. Right now I put her down for BT with less than 2hrs A time because her day was already going past 12hrs. I feel like she is UT now but I'm afraid of OT in the long run which is why I didn't stretch her day and A time (and she had a short night last night, 10hrs35m). Did I do the right thing or should I have let her have a longer A before bed?

On a positive note, she is going down quietly for her pm catnaps :)

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 07:16:38 am »
It's ok and normal for the day to stretch up to 12.5-13h in the run-up to dropping a nap.  If she's UT on 2h then you can keep putting her down then if she will just drift off when she's ready, or if she fights you then put her down 15-30 mins later :)