Author Topic: Spit up issues in 5 week old  (Read 972 times)

Offline Laurenmm

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 22, 2014, 01:26:06 am »
My baby spits up after every meal ranging from a little to a moderate amount even after burping or holding her upright for 15 min.  She is a happy spitter but she gets fussy when it leads to hiccups.  Not sure how to make this stop and it is interfering with activity so I can't use easy to get her on a routine.  This problem also makes it impossible to dream feed because she wakes up from the spit up and hiccups not to mention changing her diaper (she poops after every meal!) Help!

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Spit up issues in 5 week old
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 20:37:16 pm »
Do you think reflux could be an issue? I have no personal experience but I found this:

Reflux 101 - General reflux information
Heidi

Offline Laurenmm

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 22:53:35 pm »
thanks for that link! i had thought so since some of those symptoms are simliar to hers, but my doctor didn't think so (she has no problem being on her back, she doesn't vomit, just spits up a lot and is sometimes able to take large quantities of breast milk without complaint - i periodically weigh her before/after)... i may bring it up again with the pediatrician if this doesn't improve in another week because it does seem to otherwise make sense for it to be GERD

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Spit up issues in 5 week old
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 02:32:18 am »
Can't hurt to check it out again!
Heidi