Author Topic: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #27  (Read 64386 times)

Offline athenasmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
  • What ice cream ... I had no ice cream!!!
Re: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #27
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2015, 00:37:45 am »
I never do BT at 6. EBT does not work for us at all. The earliest I have put her down is 7:15. However, she tends to wake after 45 min with EBT and need help to go back to sleep. This exact thing has happened to us tonight. We went out for a walk afterdinner and she fell asleep in the stroller  :o She pretty much snoozed through bath and her BT bottle so I knew there would be trouble  :P Sure enough she woke screaming at 8:12. I let her finish her BT bottle as she only had 2 oz before. Then put her back down. She needed some shhh/pat but seems to be off now. I hope there will he no more wakes tonight. But I think we will get an EW because EBT always leeds to EW for us. So back to your question, when she wakes at her regular WU time around 7 then nap is between 12 and 12:30. She sleeps around 2.5 hours. Then BT is somewhere between 7:45 and 8. If she has an EW and needs a nap earlier or has a shorter nap then we do a CN and keep BT at the same time because as I saidEBT does not work for us.
*Suzanna*

Offline newkidontheblock

• Showing Appreciation 42
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2015, 02:57:20 am »
EBT works great over here. I remember when Katherine first advised me to try it,  I would always have trouble getting her down but it's a saving grace now. Today was the first day in a long time that we had an EW after EBT. Yesterday was
7- Wu
Nap : 11.15- 1.30
BT- PD at 5.30. Fussed and needed a bit of back rubbing to go to sleep. WU 6 when I left her room, which coincided with small dog breaking my bedside lamp. More back rubbing and asleep by 6.20
She woke up this morning in great spirits at 5.45:p

Wish this transition would be quicker!

Offline ginger428

« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2015, 10:43:33 am »
Oh my mistake Suzanna. It was Katherine who did that.

Offline athenasmom

« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2015, 13:40:28 pm »
We had a looooong NW last night  :P but I think it had to do with discomfort. She cried out at 12:25 but resettled. I went in to check on her though just for my peace of mind sake  ;) She was totally stuffed up and could hardly breathe so I knew there was trouble coming. Then she woke at 1:47 crying. I cleaned her nose but she kept struggling to go back to sleep. She tried really hard mind you and was in this light sleep most of the time but she just kept tossing and struggling and crying out. Then around 3 she was really restless and I went ahead and fed her 2oz milk mixed with 2oz water. She drained the bottle really quickly. I guess after being up for a while and not eating in over 7 hours she just was hungry or maybe really thirsty. Anyway, after she drank the bottle she still kept tossing and whining for a while but then she fell asleep and I had to wake her at 7:15. I am so sleep deprived today that my brain is in this fog and I can't think straight  :P
*Suzanna*

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2015, 14:13:17 pm »
Hugs Suzanna, mine have been tag-teaming naps (even DD who hadn't napped in months) today after tag-teaming NWs overnight ::) both with temps of 38-39, not a happy day in our house!  2-1 gone a little by the wayside, DS has done 3h and 3h30 A so far, no resistance at all.  We will get there! I remember DD having a 3 nap day at around 13 months when she was sick!

Offline ginger428

« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2015, 18:56:04 pm »
Katherine, mucho hugs...I feel for you as I felt you only just recovered from a bout of household illnesses! Suzanne, super hug as I know exactly how that feels... it's my daily state most days. I hope you can fit in a nap or some kind of rest for yourself. And your poor DD... she was obviously doing the best she could, bless her heart. I hope things improve swiftly for both of you.

Another round of BT struggle, long NW, and EW for us. =(  We're also in full swing of old props... argh. DH held M to sleep for all BT and all NWs... silver lining being that he didn't feed until 6:00.  Did give him a teeny bit of water around 3.  DS fell asleep nursing this morning as I felt he might.  Then pd for a pm nap 3 hours later.  May have been too early or too late... he woke less than an hour later. Whether it's my inconsistency and/or his OT state and teething/tummy troubles, all this is so frustrating. The guessing game stinks. And not meeting his needs makes me feel like I'm failing and that I'm constantly traumatizing him. Anyone else feel the same?

Fleur, was the EW after a couple or more consecutive EBT days? Any teeth yet??

Anyways, I *really* wish all your bubs a quick recovery!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 18:59:16 pm by ginger413 »

Offline athenasmom

« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2015, 20:14:21 pm »
Ginger - I think you are more traumatized than he is  ;D Don't worry about that ... he will not even remember any of this  ;) And you do not fail as long as you do your best, love him and put his needs first. Cut yourself some slack, do not be too hard on yourself.  :-*
How long did he sleep in the am? If it was a short CN then 3 hours were too long but if he had a regular nap than it might have been too short. I found with DD that a broken night does not make her first A too much shorter.

*Suzanna*

Offline ginger428

« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2015, 23:35:14 pm »
I am! I'm so traumatized. Lol. I know what you're saying, just hard to believe it! Haha. FTM jitters. I need a Baby Mama Whisperer. :P Thank goodness they don't remember all this stuff.

AM nap was only 15-20 mins. I tried to lay him down in the crib and he woke.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 00:38:03 am by ginger413 »

Offline athenasmom

« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2015, 01:19:25 am »
I think in this case the 3 hour A time was too long. 15-20 min is not really a nap as he probably has never really got into deepsleep. Next time try a bit earlier and yoh might find that he would sleep a long nap.  ;)
*Suzanna*

Offline newkidontheblock

« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2015, 05:49:40 am »
^^ exactly. Sounds like he was just way OT

Offline Henty

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #130 on: April 21, 2015, 20:15:21 pm »
Hello!

I think we are at the very beginning of the 2:1 but my DD is only 8 months!
She can handle long A times but my day is all over the place!
Shes refusing nearly every PM nap so its APOP which i dont mind! AM nap is always only 1 hr 20mins, so im think A time needs increased to 4 hours (currently at 3.5ish but kinda forcing her to sleep everytime) but how does the catnap work for bedtime? Currently shes doing a 30/40min in the afternoon and im doing a 3.5hr A time after and BT is such a fight. No tears she just shuffles and tosses in her cot! Arghhhh!
What A time would u recommend after catnap?
Thanks xx
Baby Girl 💗 27/8/14 💗

Offline newkidontheblock

« Reply #131 on: April 22, 2015, 05:20:41 am »
She might be getting her second wind with that extra long A. What length of CN is she doing - 30 or 45 minutes? I find a difference in the A my DD can handle depending on CN length. Most babies can do around 2 hours after a 30 minute CN. Mine can't -- when we started this transition, I would go straight to BT routine after she woke and she would sleep even 1.15 later. Then for a long time it was 1.30.
If you find her fighting her naps and doing 1.20, you could try adding 10 minutes to see if it helps matters:)

Offline Henty

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #132 on: April 22, 2015, 19:37:05 pm »
Usually a 40min nap in the PM. Oh my seriously? Thats short of an A time?! I was doing 3 hours!! But she gives me no tired signs and is in great form so i never realised, i just cant imagine her needing to go asleep so soon after the catnap but think i will give it a go tomorrow!
Baby Girl 💗 27/8/14 💗

Offline newkidontheblock

« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2015, 01:07:44 am »
Well, a lot of the time they keep going until they don't, you know? And with this transition, and also generally, the aim is to get them down before tiredness sets in. A catnap just refreshes them for a while

Also these nap times- 1.20 & 40 minutes, could indicate a push in A being needed

Offline athenasmom

« Reply #134 on: April 23, 2015, 01:29:43 am »
We got a super long 3+hours nap ending at 3:30 today. DD struggled at BT and did not fall asleep until 8:30. I guess she needs 5 hours  A time after a good nap now.  ::)
*Suzanna*