Author Topic: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #27  (Read 65004 times)

Offline choc

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #27
« Reply #345 on: September 28, 2016, 16:26:39 pm »
I let him sleep and he woke at 3 after 2hr30. However he is totally miserable! I can't believe it, I thought I would have a happy bubba all afternoon .
Gemma

Offline Scottishmummy

• Showing Appreciation 47
« Reply #346 on: September 28, 2016, 18:55:14 pm »
I let DD go up to 3hrs on a 1 nap day...and then do normal BT (7.30 for her) What did you do for BT, choc?

Jonnyha - Good luck with the 1 nap days...I think some OT NWs are normal at first..but could also be teeth or developmental at this age!  I found DD needed earlier BT for first week or 2 of 1 nap days but now won't go to sleep earluer than 7-7.30 regardless of whether she's had 1 or 2 naps.

MJ&N I feel like we're also in a long slow transition...I was capping the first nap since DD was 9 mo & now we get mostly 1 nap but some 2 nap days still...although on 2 nap days first nap is now only 10 mins..hardly seems worth it!
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
« Reply #347 on: September 28, 2016, 19:39:47 pm »
Well, since I wrote that we have had all 1-nap days. Who knows what's going on!!
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #348 on: September 28, 2016, 20:31:05 pm »
SM I was aiming for 7 30 Bt (usual Bt is anywhere between  7 and 7 30 depending in nap) but dh didn't get him down til 7.45 as he was Messing around as usual! I am worried we will get a ew tomorrow which seems to happen after a late Bt, although I wouldn't know what happens after a long nap and late Bt, so I'll have to see!
Gemma

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #349 on: September 29, 2016, 06:21:55 am »
So.... 5am wake up, around 9hrs sleep. Obviously I did something seriously wrong yesterday. Getting a bit fed up now of never having any consistency, never knowing how the day will turn out and having a permanently grumpy baby. Although I think he is cutting a few teeth at the moment.
Gemma

Offline Johnnyha65

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #350 on: September 29, 2016, 06:35:35 am »
Yep we were up at 5:20 with bedtime being 7, so a short night I'm actually thinking teeth he did the most awful poo this morning, sounds like we're in the same boat it sucks!! I'm gonna have to do a 2 nap day, but I'm confident now to make it super short at least

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #351 on: September 29, 2016, 11:06:02 am »
Hey ladies! AJ is in some kind of crazy period where all her A times have just shrunk back to 3hrs and in doing so she's falling asleep quicker and sleeping longer. Not quite sure what to do any more as I can't read her at all...
We have ew where she falls back to sleep until 7 or 8 but then wants to go back to bed by 10.00.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 11:08:03 am by labrodyk »

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
« Reply #352 on: September 29, 2016, 11:43:14 am »
Can you change anything in your daily routine? We've been going out for an hour or so in the morning and I think that's what has naturally pushed his nap back this week. He's always miserable in the morning, for some reason, so at least if we are out he's entertained.

He fell asleep after lunch today!! 12.30ish, crashed in the car. I managed to transfer him into my arms so now I'm going to sit & hold him, and read :)
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline Scottishmummy

• Showing Appreciation 47
« Reply #353 on: September 29, 2016, 19:09:42 pm »
Ew again here too...DD seems to only do a 10.5 hr night these days..but also be exhausted by 7/7.15ish so we are back to 5.30 wus. ::)

But also doing shorter A times..this morning she fell asleep at 7.30 in the car yo nursery. I think she needs more night sleep but just won't take it.
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline Johnnyha65

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #354 on: September 29, 2016, 19:24:44 pm »
so we did 10/15 mins in the pushchair this morning finished at 10:05 then 2nd nap he was asleep by 12:55 and woke at 2:20, I left DH to do BT as had to pop out and he's just cried out at 8:10 so guessing thats an OT NW probably be back up at 5ish tomorrow (sigh) it sucks especially as the dark mornings are now here makes it seem even more like the middle of the night! I wonder if it's developmental because it is as if they are tired but just can't go over at that time.

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #355 on: September 30, 2016, 01:12:33 am »
MJ&N - I took your advice and went out this morning. She cried the whole time. When I woke at 6.10am she was already awake and was a grumpy tired mess by 9am.
I put her down at 10am and she took a little while to fall asleep only to keep stirring was sucking her thumb...i wonder if she's teething and uncomfortable because she certainly isn't sleeping solidly and was awake by 11.20 😁
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 05:19:33 am by labrodyk »

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #356 on: September 30, 2016, 05:50:45 am »
Another 5am Wu. Less than 10hrs sleep. Another day of grumpy baby all day.
Labrodyk you could medicate next nap and see if it helps?
Gemma

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #357 on: September 30, 2016, 11:42:12 am »
Hugs!!! Ladies in the same boat with EMW  :'(

He's getting 5 teeth! 4 molars and his other lower incisor. I tried for an hour to get him back to sleep. Little drinker kept popping his eyes open as he would drift. I tried everything ugh.  He had 9 hours of sleep! 10 hours yesterday when Wednesday was a one nap day. Usually he does 11.5-12 hr nights. So I'm getting a seriously OT baby here.

I don't know how to make the 2 nap day work anymore. I'm tempted to just push him to one nap anyways but with two awful nights in a row with a teething sniffly baby (also has a slight cold) is that even a good idea?

He's almost 16 months how do I do a 2 nap day at this age without having another EMW?

I'm lost and exhausted  :-X
Jennifer xx

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #358 on: September 30, 2016, 13:08:12 pm »
Jennifer we are having 9 to 10 hours night sleep too. I went for 2 naps today and have ended up with less day sleep overall than the last 2 days. So I probably won't bother again!
Gemma

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #359 on: September 30, 2016, 15:00:38 pm »
Lol Gemma that exactly what's happening here! I think we'll I'll give him a two nap day to catch up and push out the day but then he ends up OT from the extra long day and with much less overall sleeo B of more A smh. I did it again today  ::) It's like the fake oasis in the desert and I keep falling for it lol
Jennifer xx