Author Topic: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #27  (Read 64992 times)

Offline choc

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #27
« Reply #360 on: September 30, 2016, 15:18:01 pm »
Lol! That's exactly it!
Gemma

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #361 on: October 01, 2016, 17:54:25 pm »
So today I got a 45 minute nap on a 4.5 A ugh! So I wasn't expecting that since he got towns of NW from his lovely teeth and cold. Now what?!

I'm tempted to do a CN but that won't be until 5:15 pm. I hate the thought of early BT only bc he's not one to really tack on sleep.

Any suggestions?
Jennifer xx

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #362 on: October 01, 2016, 19:39:42 pm »
Jennifer that's rough. No advice as I always do the wrong thing anyway. We had 1hr20 today so not much better. I would probably do a slightly earlier Bt. Do you think it was ut?  Is 4.5  A a tad short for his age?
Gemma

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
« Reply #363 on: October 01, 2016, 20:12:09 pm »
It depends. Often we just carry on and go for ebt, but he's a nap-resistant night-tacker so I can get away with it. If I try to get a second nap then it has to be early enough. The school run mucks everything up!
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #364 on: October 02, 2016, 08:50:27 am »
What did you do in the end Jennifer?
How was everyone's night?
Gemma

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #365 on: October 02, 2016, 11:49:43 am »
Thanks ladies! I honestly wish I saw these posts sooner bc I went the CN route and it was a mess lol

Did 20 minutes of a CN and woke him up. He was miserable the rest of the night then was hyper when it was time for bath. He fought bedtime so hard!! I was unsure if he was UT or OT. Ended up with a 9 pm BT!! Yikes!

NW galore lol but he did sleep a nice 5 hour stretch which is great considering he's up a lot from teeth.

Pushing for 1 nap today  ;)

How was everyone else's night?
Jennifer xx

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #366 on: October 02, 2016, 11:56:40 am »
Not too bad thanks. Got the usual 5am wu, then back to sleep til 6.15 then back to sleep til 7. So better than awake at 5 and staying awake! I'm doing set nap so hoping he hasn't gone down ut.
Gemma

Offline Scottishmummy

• Showing Appreciation 47
« Reply #367 on: October 03, 2016, 20:13:54 pm »
Sorry not been in much...having a very busy wkend with DD's 1stbirthday, party and DS sick on top of that...but also because we don't seem to have any predictable routine any more so hard to comment on it! Wu is usually 5-5.30 sometimes she goes back to sleep & BT is usually 7-7.30 but we can have one or 2 naps at any random times and for widely varying lengths.  I would love to set a nap but it's almost impossible now I'm back at work, DD is with different carers on different days and also seems to fall asleep pretty much anytime she goes in the car or buggy!
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #368 on: October 04, 2016, 08:48:55 am »
Hi ladies!!

Oh SM, our little bubs are so close in age and I could have written your post myself. we are completely winging every single day at the moment - some days it's 1, mostly 2 naps but they can be any length and ALWAYS falls asleep in the car. I'm trying to get out a lot more because DS is super bored but it's meaning short car naps only...

WU: 6.10; already awake when I woke
OOB: 7.00
Nap 1: 10.10 - 10.40 in the car
Nap 2: 2.40 - 3.20 in the car
BT: 6.55; chatted until asleep at 7.25pm

Over the weekend we switched to summer daylight saving time and moved the clocks forward an hour, not sure what I should be expecting from her considering I didn't adjust slowly but she doesn't seem to want to sleep any later than usual but acts tired a lot.

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #369 on: October 04, 2016, 09:53:32 am »
Wow ladies! Hugs! I guess it's true misery loves company bc I always feel better reading the posts knowing I'm not alone!

Well...DS woke at 4 am and it's 2 hours later and he doesn't show signs of going back to sleep.  :-\

I tried sticking to one nap days for the last 2 days but here we are again...mega OT and teeth. In my opinion worst combination ever!

I have to do a 2 nap day and have no idea how to approach this. Like you ladies we seem to be winging it. It's so hard to be consistent with OT settling in and 5 teeth coming through ugh!

I know I have asked before...but any suggestions. Ideally I would like to put him to bed no earlier than 6:30 then the rascal doesn't really tack on sleep. The most he will do is a 12 hour night. But on a 2 nap day it's risky where I may get a 5-5:30 am wake up call  ::)

Jennifer xx

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #370 on: October 04, 2016, 10:36:51 am »
Did you medicate when he woke at 4? I personally would medicate when he wakes early and push through the ot by sticking to 1 nap. Set his body clock. If. You really can't do that, then 10 mins at 9am and nap at 12.30/1. I dont think purely OT would wake him at 4am for 2 hours.
Gemma

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #371 on: October 04, 2016, 12:42:49 pm »
Morning Gemma and that's good advice.

We did medicate at 4 am with Motrin but I guess it did little. He was wired and crying off and on while I tried my hardest to AP him to sleep. Finally I gave up and handed the reigns to DH. He eventually fell asleep around 6:15 whew and woke up at 8:10 am. Only got 8.5 of night sleep yikes!

I agree Gemma, it can't just be OT keeping him up like that. It's so unlike him but I definitely think teeth is a strong factor here. I don't know how else to make him comfortable. I reupped twice last night. I'm just hoping these teeth come though soon bc I'm quickly unraveling from sleep deprivation.

We are going to push through to one nap and do an earlier BT. DH will be handling nap since I have to be at a work meeting so here's hoping for better.
Jennifer xx

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #372 on: October 04, 2016, 12:52:11 pm »
Good luck with it!
Anyone know what 50 and 55 min naps mean?! We had everything on track for 2 days, good naps and good nights. That was over the weekend. Then back to nursery yesterday and got 55min nap. Today was 50 min. Why is nothing consistent?
Gemma

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #373 on: October 04, 2016, 13:39:12 pm »
Gemma,

Is this off one or two nap days?

It's hard to tell but I think on one nap days it could be OT whereas when it's 2 naps it was always UT for us.

How is his mood when he wakes?
Jennifer xx

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #374 on: October 04, 2016, 14:19:13 pm »
It is on 1 nap days. He has been perfectly happy since I got him up.  It seems hard to believe ut, but he always has his nap at 12.30 regardless of morning wu. He has been going back to sleep after his 5am wu the last 2 mornings instead of staying awake from 5. So his first A time has been shorter and ut has entered my head.
Gemma