Author Topic: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #27  (Read 64988 times)

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
Re: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #27
« Reply #375 on: October 04, 2016, 14:33:17 pm »
Maybe keep at it for a couple more days? It could be his body clock adjusting? I would say OTbut you mentioned he ha gone back to sleep in the last two days then perhaps he may need a slight push. I wouldn't do it unless I see it continue in the next few days with better night sleep; then I would do a slight push in A.

When DS was doing consistent 1 nap days we had a regression for like a day or so then he started extending again. DS is the type to wake up happy even when OT unless he's severely OT then it's nothing but crabbiness lol he's definitely not cookie cutter! I found that if he was totally fine unless bedtime then it was UT rather than OT. Does that make sense?

« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 14:36:54 pm by JennVanessa1083 »
Jennifer xx

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #376 on: October 04, 2016, 14:44:51 pm »
That's interesting about the regression. You are right though,  best not to change anything yet. I'll see what happens in the next few days. It feels like that whole day at nursery on a Monday is going to mess things up every week though!
Gemma

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #377 on: October 04, 2016, 17:57:54 pm »
I know the feeling. I'm about to start PT work and Monday's is a day he will be left with a nanny so my biggest fear is while he's adjusting it will ruin his sleep.
Jennifer xx

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #378 on: October 05, 2016, 08:27:36 am »
aaaaand then there are days like today! lol

WU: 6.30ish ?
OOB: 7.00
Nap 1: 9.55; 10.00 - 12.25
^ Absolutely losing the plot so put to bed
Nap 2: 4.00 - 5.00; played in her cot.
^ I only put her down because even after some pain meds she was SO unhappy and no amount of distraction, food or milk was helping she just kept crying...
BT: 6.15; asleep 6.30

In a perfect world I would just slowly push the morning A and she'd miraculously keep sleeping for 2.5hrs and I could still do an EBT if needed. HOWEVER, that isn't what happens... her nap gets down to 1hr10-20minutes even less and then there is either a super long A to bed and she is massively OT and I have to AP her at BT or the night is super long and even with a short 10-20 minute nap she's not in bed until 8 with eyes not shut until 8.30 or even closer to 9pm. Only to wake at 6 or earlier.

Back to winging it as per usual!

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #379 on: October 05, 2016, 14:43:45 pm »
Is anybody here not winging it?! Lol!
Another 55min, 1 nap day here. Woke happy chatting but is shattered now 2hrs later.
Gemma

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #380 on: October 05, 2016, 20:09:35 pm »
Group hug and cry?!   :'( :'( :'(

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #381 on: October 06, 2016, 05:46:33 am »
Definitely!
Gemma

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #382 on: October 06, 2016, 11:59:11 am »
Haha, Big hugs from me!!

We had another 2nd nap refusal today. I'm SO scared of capping that first nap but pushing the first A is also terrifying given how upset she is but I can't have her awake for 6 hours before bedtime. Hmmm

Wu: 6.15 although could have been earlier
Nap 1: 10.00; 10.05-11.55
Nap 2: 4.30-5.00. Lay in cot, got a little grizzly by 5 so got her up.
Bt: 6.10; 6.20 asleep although cried on PD
NW: 8.55 moan and sat up out of duvet and moved around the cot. She seems really unsettled tonight.

I think we have a heap of developmental stuff going on too - her birthday is tomorrow and she's standing by herself so I THINK she might be on the walking path. That doesn't make it any easier on getting her routine right...

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #383 on: October 06, 2016, 12:10:01 pm »
Have you tried short am long pm? Like 15 mins at 10.and then long nap about 1? You may get 2 naps in That way and not such a long stretch to bed. Sorry if youve done it already!
Gemma

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #384 on: October 06, 2016, 12:47:47 pm »
I have tried that and I do do it but 2 days a week I have for school run which means she only gets an hour at 1 and is then OT.. I guess it's a shorter stretch than what she is getting now but she seems miserable. When I also tried it, I couldn't reliably and consistently get the second nap; either it would be 30 or 40 minutes or maybe an hour and then she would be a mess...

Offline Johnnyha65

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #385 on: October 06, 2016, 12:55:28 pm »
Happy birthday for tomorrow to A, it's Myles birthday tomorrow!! We're winging it everyday and getting EW everyday  too ???

We tried 10/15 mins around 10 then nap at 1 and he started waking at 30mins OT I think so I've gone back to 30 mins around 10:10:15 and 2nd nap 3hrs later only getting an hr nap but he's happy enough after he's woken properly and is okay until
Bed which is at 7, wake up is anywhere between 5/5:30 not looking forward to the clocks going back in a few weeks!

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #386 on: October 06, 2016, 13:08:19 pm »
Ah OK labrodyk, that's a pain your school run is at 2, mine is at 3 so could get 2 hours in at 1!

I am completely petrified of clocks going back.
Gemma

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #387 on: October 06, 2016, 17:09:28 pm »
Happy birthday to A and Miles 🎉🎉🎉

Labrodyk: your LO sounds like DS during that time. What helped me was push out the am little by little. You could do couple of days to a week?

I'm still in OT teething land  :-X pushing through with one nap. I'm getting 4 NW and unsettled sleep and it is hell!
Jennifer xx

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #388 on: October 06, 2016, 20:03:38 pm »
Thank you ladies, she's a little spoilt today with a toy kitchen, pots, pans, toy food and a heap of clothes!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MYLES!  I knew Audrey had a birthday buddy in here 😊

I feel like our only way forward is to nap push but I would need to do it SUPER slowly a week at a time. It's strange how her nap shrunk when I pushed last time. What is the smallest increment you would go?, 10 minutes or will that do nothing? Could take me forever.

ETA:
Can teething and/or learning to walk/developmental cause severe tiredness? Audrey has not stopped crying from the moment she woke up. Rubbing her eyes, constantly yawning, so clingy I couldn't put her down and only playing briefly before finding me and trying to climb me. I tried to push the nap 10 minutes and I got a 1hr40 sleep and she woke happy but shortly after waking was irritable again. I gave pain meds, food, milk, distraction but she wasn't having any of it. I took her into her room at 3.10pm (about 3.20 A time) and I woke up just after 4 to a sleeping baby in my arms in the rocking chair so we'd both been asleep for about 40 minutes.

WU: 6.40?
Nap 1: 10:10; 10.20-11.50
Nap 2: 3.20-4.00 (at the most, maybe 30 minutes)
BT: 7.45; 8.25pm asleep

It's Audrey's birthday party tomorrow so I'm going to have to offer nap at 10am as party is at 11am. Will wake her shortly after if she's not already awake and try and put down again later.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 10:29:13 am by labrodyk »

Offline Scottishmummy

• Showing Appreciation 47
« Reply #389 on: October 08, 2016, 08:00:10 am »
Happy birthday Myles & Audrey!

I think developmental stuff can cause tiredness..it's hard work learning stuff. I hope she's ok for her party & you all have a nice time.

We're still in a mess...there's so little consistency with our different childcare arrangements & routines  DD just seems to grab sleep when she can :-(

"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD