Author Topic: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #27  (Read 64935 times)

Offline labrodyk

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #27
« Reply #390 on: October 08, 2016, 08:45:04 am »
SM, it's SO hit and miss isn't it. I don't want to sound obsessive but I'm just always so worried when I see constant tired signs and stress she isn't getting enough rest.

Party was fabulous. Really small, heaps of great food and Audrey was totally spoilt with prezzies.

Do you think perhaps I've got our routine and her A times totally off mark? I can't quite figure out what direction she's headed! After those 2 naps yesterday she actually slept in and did an 11hr night... I was worried about her morning nap because party started at 11am but she went down and fell asleep in 10 minutes after 3hr A and then again for nap 2 after 3.5hr. I think she's trying to walk so could be playing a part and she's cutting another tooth.

BT: 8.20 asleep
WU: 7.30!!! :O
Nap 1: 10.20; 10.30 - 11.50 asleep
Nap 2: 3.20; 3.30 - 4.30 asleep, I woke her!
BT: 7.30; 8.05 asleep

I know it's been a busy day but even so!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 09:08:40 am by labrodyk »

Offline Scottishmummy

• Showing Appreciation 47
« Reply #391 on: October 08, 2016, 09:18:53 am »
I think it looks like she still needs 2 naps- one long one medium length..maybe more sleep at moment from bday excitement and developmental stuff.

Are you following her cues or A times or doing set  naps? I ask as her last 2 days look reasonably similar in terms of start of nap (around 10.15/30ish & around 3.30ish)
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #392 on: October 08, 2016, 11:29:16 am »
I'm totally winging it,  just trying to follow cues and today was just to see if I could get any sleep into her before party started (thankfully everyone was late and she had a full nap!) but i was expecting 40 minutes!  however there are also days where I do this and she lays in bed awake for hours for that second nap so I guess this is why Ive been so damn confused. I mean,  I have posts of our EASY for the last few months was she is completely all over the place!
Waking up at 6 perhaps pushing to 10am is too much but who knows anymore.

Offline Johnnyha65

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #393 on: October 08, 2016, 12:16:16 pm »
Hello,

So he was pretty grumpy and clingy all day yesterday, the only place he was quiet was on my hip but he's soon heavy! I Audrey and Myles may not only be birthday buddies but kindred spirits by the sounds of it with their birthday fussiness.

The day previous he did a 30 min nap in the car in the AM and 45 mins in the PM after 3 hrs A. Just can't seem to get it right and we are getting EMW, so yesterday I had a Drs app at 10:10 but never got in to see them until 11, why are they always running so late even in the AM??? So we pushed through I did lunch at 11 and put him down pretty much straight after, he woke at 40 mins, settled him back and he did another hr, we did birthday tea and family were here so bedtime was same as usual and he was asleep by 7, woke at 5 as per usual and I think we may have gotten into the habit of feeding him some milk to get him back down, which I have now got down to 3oz, going to start diluting it as I do not believe he needs it at all. He's awake when I put him back down and grumbles for a while but went back off today and woke at 6:30. And he was grumpy/clingy again today but it only seems to be with me, so i'm guessing maybe SA or developmental, he stood and balance by himself for quite a while and then sat down in a controlled way so I guess the steps maybe coming and its all bit scary.

Nap today was same sort of time as he had swimming class at 10, so it was quick lunch just after 11 and then down he woke after 30 mins, I left him to grumble and whinge and he went back to sleep after 15 mins asleep now.

I'm so tired of trying to fit naps in around school runs and i'm probably changing things to much, not giving long enough for him to adjust, partly because I don't want him being unhappy, but at the moment he is anyway so whats the worst that can happen?

I think i'm going to give it a week and just shoot for 11.30 nap and see what we get, need to move this early wake up back otherwise it will be a 4am start some days. I don't think there would be any chance of him taking a second nap so will have to be EBT if its a short nap, but he's never tacked so another big risk.

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #394 on: October 08, 2016, 17:07:34 pm »
I'm glad it's not just us who are chopping & changing and winging it. We're getting EW too. 4,30 this morning   :o And are slipping into an EBT pattern too so really need to push that out before the clock change & try to push to 1 nap as her nights are much better on 1 nap days.
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #395 on: October 09, 2016, 07:50:44 am »
Constantly chopping and changing here 😭

So I did the exact same thing today; she slept 8.05-7.50 after her long naps yesterday and then pulled a 2hr nap from 10.20am but refused second nap and took ages to fall asleep at bedtime.

Wu: 6.50
Nap 1: 10.06m 10.20-12.10 asleep
Nap 2: 3.20-4.10 laying in cot awake. Ridiculous fussing/crying during A time but obviously misread those cues..
BT: 6.20; 6.50 finally asleep after whinging!

I am totally messing up aren't I?  What in the world is she doing?  😂

Offline Johnnyha65

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #396 on: October 09, 2016, 09:11:56 am »
Oh Labrodyk we are all winging it and doing the best we can, you're not messing anything up these transitions are tough! I have a very whiney child who's constantly under foot regardless of how much sleep he's had which makes me think some of it is WW shenanigans.

We did one nap yesterday and he slept till 2pm so 2hr10 nap, tried to keep to a 12hr day he was asleep by 6:45 and woke at 5:30am  chance of re settling! We've decided to goody today to an icecream farm as a reward for DS1 so it will be two naps today sobest laid plans of one nap haha!

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #397 on: October 09, 2016, 09:33:30 am »
Thank you, feel a bit better. She puts me on edge and nervous for what bedtime and nights will bring...

AJ woke crying after 30 minutes but thankfully resettled.

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #398 on: October 09, 2016, 16:06:22 pm »
I am trying to be consistent but he is the one that is inconsistent! Same nap time every day but different  nap lengths. Same bedtime pretty much every night but wake up varies. I am trying to have set naps and Bt to set a bloody clock but it's just not working yet. Its the morning wu that is killing me. 4.45 onwards and he drifts in and out of sleep til 6.30 ish but I can't get back to sleep. I've had enough now to be honest.
Gemma

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #399 on: October 09, 2016, 20:11:07 pm »
I feel for you choc, big hugs. Your LO sounds like my DS1, he was exactly the same. AJ ist much better, she is consistently inconsistent and I'm SO lost and confused. At present I'm going with the "I don't care so long as shes happy" so every single day is different and varies considerably.

Could he be ot?

Offline Johnnyha65

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #400 on: October 09, 2016, 20:48:21 pm »
blergh not a great day, he slept 20 mins enroute to the ice cream farm at 10:20 after being awake since 5.30am, then was in a foul mood for the remainder of the day, we had to take it in turns to keep pushing him round in the pram it was the only time he didn't cry and whinge, he fell asleep at 1 for a whole 40 mins which is no surprise as that's my lot in the pram and that was it until bed, he was asleep at 6:30, became hyper around 5:30 ish so probably the second wind.

Tomorrow is a new day....probably a nice early one. Who knows what i'll be doing with his sleep, may have to just go with his elusive clues tomorrow as he'll surely be severely OT from today and watch him like a hawk, he just never seems to 'appear tired' never has.

It really is the inconsistency that is so hard to deal with isn't it, I hate making plans because I just don't know how he's going to be and when he wants to sleep anymore makes it hard to be with other mums when their kids are so chilled and if they're tired they just nod off when they're ready.... oh imagine that 

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #401 on: October 09, 2016, 23:28:41 pm »
Oh hugs JHA65 - I can only imagine the 'nodding off when tired' scenario - neither of mine do that :(

Well our morning was HORRIFIC. I think she woke around 6.20am but could have been earlier but she would. not. stop. crying. I eventually had to put her down at 9.45 and she was asleep in minutes - I felt so sorry for her.

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #402 on: October 09, 2016, 23:55:18 pm »
Ladies I so feel for you all 😢😢

Well I've been having 5 days straight of 1.5-2 Hr NW that usually start between 3-4 😭😭😭

I can't for the life of me figure out DS!!! It's driving me insane. I have for sure broken down every night as a result. Could teeth really be doing this?!

He doesn't even cry, he just tosses and turns popping up. Sometimes attempting to climb out as if saying ok I'm ready to go! 😨

I end up Apoping but even that takes awhile until he finally passes out and sleeps for an additional 2-3 hours.

Anyone BTDT?

I've been pushing through with one nap since he still goes back to sleep after such a huge NW (he also wakes 2-3 more times before the biggie).

We do:

WU 8
S 1-2:30/3 pm
BT 7:30-8 pm

Aghhhhhhhh I'm going crazy!
Jennifer xx

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #403 on: October 10, 2016, 12:17:22 pm »
It is so comforting to know everyone is having a tricky time, feels less like it's just me who is getting it all wrong! Big hugs to everyone.

Our EWs have got ridiculous.. 5.30 became 4.30 and now we're getting her wide awake at 3.30am for 1-2hrs!! So I've decided to ditch morning nap completely and just move to 1 set nap. Yesterday worked like a dream:

Wu: 6.45
Nap:12-2
BT: 7

Brief NW at 3.30 but resettled and asleep until 7 this morning.

Thougt I'd do same today with starting nap in buggy on nursery pick up and transferring to cot but DD woke on transfer and wouldn't resettle. So she's had 30mins sleep. Do I stick to set BT, throw in aCN this pm or do EBT?

ETA: DD crashed mid-afternoon so we did a buggy nap around 3.30. She woke after 20mins, very sad, but it was enough to get through to a 7pm BT.

Can't believe I failed set naps on day 2  ::)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 18:47:45 pm by Scottishmummy »
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #404 on: October 10, 2016, 19:42:19 pm »
Hugs Scottishmummy!

I been there many times with two failed naps in one day...I usually try a slightly earlier BT and hope for the best!

I always think it will be worse then it actually ends up to be.
Jennifer xx